Engaged

Angel's POV

Christian and I sit across from my parents. Thankfully, my brother and Marlene are in town' maybe they'l be a little but easier on us because of that. I slap Mario's hand away from my hair as he tries to play with a strand. He laughs at me, playfully hitting my arm. We stop when my mom clears her throat; him and I have always started messing around when things feel awkward. 

Christian takes my hand in his, squeezing it reassuringly. I look over at him and give him a small, nervous smile. My heart is pounding in my chest as my anxiety builds up. I know that neither of  my parents will be happy with the engagement,  no matter how happy he makes me. In their minds, he's someone who still does bad things to girls all the time still. 

My dad clear his throat, waiting for one of us to speak. "We're engaged," Christian blurts out. i look at him with wide eyes. Marlene stands up, clapping happily. I look up at her with a smile. 

"Excuse my language, but I fucking knew it. Pay up, hunny-bunny," she says, looking at Mario at the last part. He puts his hand in his pocket and takes out a twenty. "You know this goes into the same bank account right?" She asks him. 

"Yeah, just hurts to own up to the fact that you right, but the again, you always are," he says. She smiles sweetly and sits back down, placing her hand on her growing stomach. My parents look more than angry, fuming. I look down at my lap. 

"You want to spend the rest of your life with someone who has used women for his own sexual pleasure? He could just be using you as well," my father says. I bit my bottom lip. 

"I'm not like that anymore sir. I know that you have your own perception of me, but it's not the right one to have. I genuinely love Heavenly and that won't ever stop. I would never do anything to her that she doesn't want; and I sure as hell, won't ever use her for something like that," Christian tells him. Is he forgetting that I was his sub at one time? My mom squeezes her eye shut. 

"You guys have to let go eventually, you are with Luna and I so easily, why not her? hey make each other happy, they love each other, and they're getting married. Your opinions don't actually mater to them; they'll get married no matter what you think. I mean, she did say yes, knowing that you two hate him," Mario says. I nod along with his words. I'm so thankful that he accepts him. "But on my account, I finally have a brother." Him and Christian shake hands. 

My mom rushes out to the back yard. Looking at Christian, I stand up and follow her. "I don't see the big deal," I say behind her. She spins around and looks at me, head cocked to the side. 

"I just don't want you getting hurt," she says. I step closer. "I seen you go through years of depression; I don't want something to happen, or for him to mess up, and you go back into that slump," she says. "I mean this isn't about me protecting your virtue, which I'm almost sure is gone. I'm just being a mom." I take her hand. 

"You have to trust me on this one. He makes me so happy and I love him more than I thought ever possible. Please, let me make my own mistake if this turns out to be one. I really do need your blessing to go through with this," I tell her. She gives me a small smile. 

"You have my blessing. There's no way in hell your getting your father's though."

XXXXXXXXXXXX

And she was right, he didn't. In fact, he said that he was sad about how much of a  disappointment I have come to be. Katie throws her arms around me as Christian gets done telling his family about the engagement. Their all extremely happy. Katie let me go. "I'm so happy for you guys. Then you better get going that baby making," she says. I laugh at her. 

"That won't be happening," Christian says, wrapping his arm around my waist. Excuse me?

AN: Hmmm? Why do you think Christian suddenly doesn't want kids suddenly? Comment and share!! Stay alive -Veah