Chapter 2 Party Crasher Catalina

"Oh my god!"

"Is that Lara August?"

"No way."

"Who invited her?"

"Probably one of her gooines from the school." The conversation between my friends harbored around a mixture of shock, disguise and annoyance as our long lost missing former classmate walked through my door and entering my home with the notion to clearly to crash my party.

I was at a loss for words as my heart did somersaults behind my contracting rib cage; it has been about two years since Lara had transferred out of West Metro and to Saint Augustine Academy, I still find the name similarity to be quite funny. My eyes lingered down the body of my unexpected guest noting each visible curve that clung to her form, complimenting it greatly. The past two years had been amazing to the girl I hadn't seen socially in years. Feeling a dryness in my throat causing me to avert my sight and take drink just to become withdrawn from the apparent staring.

"When was the last time she even showed up to any West Metro event?" Ask Shannon Lowe The former base position on the squad she played with the newly added red dyed tips to her long blonde hair;her eye's scoping the intruders presence in a little less inviting and entranced like I shamefully was.

"Can't recall. Normally she avoided them like the plague last I knew. Can't blame her though after the whole thing with Jennifer."Answered Elizabeth Harris the former girls varsity soccer goalie shrugged before running her hands through her shoulder length brunette hair.

"No way can't be that long. Right?" Victoria Presley asked. The light chocolate skin toned debate team captain with deep red Maroon colored hair spoke in disbelievement.

"Cat?" I heard Shannon call bringing me out of whatever trance I was in.

"Huh? Ah...last I remember was a few Lacrosse games." I answered practically at a mumble trying to recall the last time we were"blessed" with Lara's presence. My eyes once again glancing over to the girl who was now swarmed by other party goers whose greedy hands touched the girls flawless body,engulfing it in tight embraces. 

A slight twinge of jealously coursed within me with a glared that could probably be felt from across the room at the others who held the blue eyed goddess attention and not I. Soon that feeling was replaced by embarrassment when Lara's eyes locked with mine from across the room; grinning. Turning away I felt my cheeks starting to warm notifying that I was in fact blushing like a school girl when Lara smiled at me.

"Ah oh; Looks like someone still has a crush." Elizabeth cooed drawing out the word 'still' dramatically.

"Shut up." I bit back annoyed at my friends loud announcement of her words as if she was intending to have the whole party know.

"Ew really? Lara's nothing but trouble complete waste of time. A heart break willing to happen." Victoria replied repulsively with clear cut negativity in her words.

"All fuck boys are. No matter the gender." Elizabeth agreed.

"Now that's not fair! You girls barely know Lara; none of us really do since that whole incident with Jennifer and- ." I spoke with speaking of mine and Shannon's old cheer captain.

"Look whose talking Ms. Perfect. Did you try?" Shannon spoke cutting me off as she crossed her arms along her chest as if forgetting that she was still talking to current captain of the team til the end of the summer.

"I did actually. When Jennifer first started bringing Lara around to practice and when I had classes with her." I debated practically spitting out my words and crossing my arms along my chest as my friends sought out a conflict.