Chapter 18 What now? Catalina

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my freaking god! I can't believe I just did that! I can feel my face heating up knowing I was blushing and a huge smile was probably permanently on my face.

God it felt so liberating, I thought I would have been nervous, but I wasn't at all. I was unsure of what to do, but it was so easy to be comfortable with Lara; yet again it was Lara and it wasn't like it was our first kiss like at Rays party, this kiss wasn't just a drunken lustful impulse; it was sweet and gentle.

But at this moment the question was;What now?

After our moment I had left Lara practically blue balled as I had to excuse myself to get dressed, since standing bare chest and wet wasn't a great way to have conversation that we can't ignore and answer the question that is probably swimming in both our minds; what next? In the smokey bathroom I wiped the foggy mirror clear as I stood in the beautiful decorated bathroom in a large white t-shirt and my underwear, my hair slightly wet.

Clutching the collar of the shirt taking a deep breath; it still smelled like Lara. Her scent clung to my body like a hug making me feel warm and safe. Yet it brought an exciting thrill to my body and a bit of a naughty tickle as well as the thought of wearing another's clothes suggested certain activities happened.

" Come on Cat. You can do this,you want this. So go." I sighed trying to encourage myself. Taking a deep breath I stepped into the gray sweats Lara had provided and some socks before walking downstairs and reunited with Lara in the den. Her cheeks still slightly pink as I saw the gears turning in her head as she was probably wrapping her mind over what had happened.

"Hey." She greeted rubbing her hands along her thighs. She was nervous.

"Hi." I greeted.

"Cookies are done." She added pointing to the try of the chocolate circles.

"I see. Lara, you know we need to talk about what happened right?" I asked stepping closer to the couch.

"I know." She answered. The silence of the room made my blood cold as our expressions of awkwardness that fill the void with a non-exciting statements"So what now?" Lara asked.

"Take it slow?" I answered my voice shaky.

"What do you mean?" Lara asked clearly confused.

"Lara its undeniable that there's clearly something non plutonic between us and hard to ignore and..."

"You want to be my girlfriend."Lara stated.

"Well we don't have to put a label on it just yet; if you don't want to." I averted my gaze scared to look up.

"That's not... Catalina I'm asking. Will you be my girlfriend?" Lara requested titling my sight back to hers.

"W...what?" I stuttered starstruck even though I heard what Lara said clearly.

"Catalina; will you be my girlfriend?" She asked again causing my heart to flutter making me want to do a somersault.

"Are you...are you seriously considering-" I started to asked before Lara's lips enclosed around mine, a small moan escaped past my lips when I relaxed into the kiss, my arms finding their way to wrap around Lara's torso as she cradled my neck.

"Just say yes Kitten." Lara husked parting from the kiss and waiting for me to answer while she kissed and sucked on my neck; I felt my head go dizzy as I bent my head back exposing the area even more for Lara to explore.

"Ye...yes." I finally managed to answer before bringing our lips back together not being  able to withstand having them away, "Just slow...okay?" I muttered figuring that would be a deal breaker.