Chapter 11 Interrogation Catalina

Laying in bed within the solitude of my room, staring at the blank wall as I contemplated the next few moments of peace I had until the girls arrived as I knew they would want details about the past few hours after yesterday; although to be honest it was my own fault for texting them.

I haven't heard anything for Lara after the fair and our moment in the car and it felt so unsettling not knowing if see was okay or not after I had dragged up or tried to bring up the situation from sophomore year.

Taking a deep breath my head inevitably turned to the window as I wanted to text Lara and see if she ultimately wasn't mad at me; especially since I had forgiven her for what happened at RayRay's party or for what almost happened. Although I am just as guilty as wanting to pursue it just like Lara had been. Who knows, if Lara hadn't had opened her mouth with that virgin crack who knows were our action might have led.

I grabbed the stuff dog I had not so cleverly named 'Ruffy' that Lara had won for me yesterday that sat next to the three foot teddy bear that I was secretly calling 'LarBear'.

Clinging the dog to my chest I sat up and just thought about everything that Lara had said to me at the party; how she practically begged for another kiss and told me I was beautiful; then later the next morning with her ranting apologies that she was jealous of that other guy dancing on me and how she wants me; as a friend. That slightly killed me inside.

The past few hours have done nothing but cause chaotic and irrational thoughts of doubt. Was Lara actually being straight with me and her feelings or was she playing me still? I had told her to cut the bullshit because I'm tired of playing games trying to figure her out and I truly am. Yet part of me knows that I would always welcome Lara in my life with open arms, giving countless chances because I know Lara is worth saving.

"Hey girl hey." Victoria bellowed barging into my room with not a care in the world. Just like Lara had.

"Geez Vicky heard of knocking?What if she wasn't dressed?" Elizabeth addressed walking inafter Victoria.

"Not like there's anything new to see." Declared Shannon plopping a seat on the other end of the my mattress.

"True. Oh the stories we will tell in the nursing home." Victoria laughed sitting on the edge of the mattress

"Way to look into the future Vic." Elizabeth chuckled rolling her eyes sitting next to Victoria on the bed.

"How about we focus on the present now and why we are here alright? So Cat; Lara update go! And make it quick we have practice." Shannon demanded trying to rush the meeting.

"What practice? You graduated;barely" Elizabeth snided with a confused smirk on her lips.

"Summer program for college. Now can we please get on with this?" Shannon sneered.

"Alright Cat so give us the dirty details." Victoria insisted inching closer to me.

"Nothing interesting. Sure Liz told you about the mall and that encounter." I started.

"She did." Answered both Victoria and Shannon as Elizabeth nodded her head in conformance.

"What happened at the party? Did Lara make a move? Did you? Oh my god! Did you lose your V?" Victoria ranted with an ongoing string of questions.

"Vicky! Breath." Shannon shouted seeming annoyed at the overly excited debate team captain.

I sat in silence hearing the blood rush in my ears taking a deep breath, " We...Lara and I...kissed; but nothing else happened." I confirmed.

Victoria squealed as Shannon practically fell out off her seat to sit closer as the information got interesting and Elizabeth just simply smiled and placed a hand on my knee.