Chapter 21 First date Catalina

I can't think straight, I haven't been able to all day and I couldn't do nothing to keep calm, All I can do is watch the colors of my room lift from their pale white hue into the blues and oranges of of the dimming sunlight.

My stomach shifts uneasily and I notice that my hands are hugging myself, I release my hands but then I can't figure out what to do with them with the constant need of touch and reassurance. Practically I jumped out of the room when I heard the door bell ring and the clock read six o'clock.

"I got it!" I called out so that my parents would not get up.Taking a deep breath I tried to calm my nerves and heart rate before opening the door, "Hi." I smiled greeting Lara, my eyes taking in her outfit, a simply black T-shirt and dark navy blue jeans with converse on her feet and a casual white and black short jacket.

"You look nice." I complement.

"Nowhere compared to how gorgeous you do Kitten." Lara spoke in awe as her eyes greedily sized me up. Even though I wore a simple red and white plaid blouse that was a casual long sleeved jumper, pullover over a white tank and gray jeans.

"Thanks."

"Any time.Oh here these are for you." Lara spoke presenting me a bouquet of tulips.

"Lara they're...they're beautiful. Thank you." I spoke taking her into a hug tightly as possible before locating a vase for them.

"Hoped you would like them." She smiled shyly as a blush appeared on her cheeks.

"I adore them. Thank you."

"You ready?" Lara asked nervously shoving her hands in her pocket as if not knowing what to do with them.

"If I'm with you. Always." I smiled taking one of her fidgeting hands before calling out to my parents that I was leaving and shutting the door behind us.

"Wait.Where's your car?" I asked confused as I didn't see the raven haired girls classic mustang.

"Resting. What I have planned included a something with a flatbed." Lara answered making me some what nervous.

"So whose car is that?" I asked pointing to the gray and blue 1977 El Camino.

"Danton's."Lara answered.

"He let you borrow his car?" I asked suspiciously.

"It wasn't easy. Margret is his baby." Lara answered.

"Margret?"I asked.

"His grandmother gave it to him so its a sentimental thing." Lara smiled as we walked towards the car.

"I see. And do you have a cute little name for your car?" I asked leaning over the opened door that Lara held for me.

"Cat.Do her right, she purrs." Lara grinned and all I could do is roll my eyes and call bullshit at the answer before sitting down in the passenger seat. Starting up the car once buckling up Lara slowly drove out of the drive way.

"So what's the plan for tonight?" I asked shifting in my seat so that my legs curled under me.

"I can't tell you. But it does involve food." Lara answered.

"Well sounds great already." I smiled taking her hand in mine off the gear shift. 

The car ride was peacefully quite majority of the way as I spent the time just adoring how relaxed Lara was trying to be careful handling  Dantons' car. Soon the silence ended at the point when Lara had pulled up to the arcade.

"What are we doing here?" I asked smiling to my confusion.

"Something different besides the played out dinner and movie." Lara answered turning the car off and getting out to open the door for me.