Chapter 15 Family Drama Lara

Why? Why do I do this to myself when I know no good comes from drinking.

Also, what happened?

These were the thoughts that greeted my awoken body as I inhaled the scent of a light powdery leather in my nostrils a memory that I must have passed out in the den last night; probably a good thing since I wouldn't have been able to make it up the stairs. Another question peaks it way through; how did I get home last night?

Stretching my sense is awake I ran my hands through my messy hair tossing it about before leaving the den,my bare feet pitter pattered against the hardwood floors of my home until the warm mind waking scent of coffee was breathed into my lungs.

"Mom?" I questionably called out before walking into the kitchen and being greeted by no one other than Catalina.

"Hi." She smiled, the sunlight from the kitchen window created a soft halo at the top of her head; Catalina truly was an angel.

"What are you doing here?"I asked shocked, but should I really be surprised.

"Well good morning to you too." Catalina laughed before resuming to what she was doing when it clicked.

" I fucked up again didn't I?" I stated.

" That you did but you know you're only human." She replied.

" So then you just helped yourself to my wardrobe?" I laughed noting that Catalina wasn't in her dress and had changed into a black t shirt and sweats.

"No. These are mine. I had a back up just in case." She answered honestly.

"Smart. So..." I stopped not knowing what else to say.

"Lara? Is that you?" I heard a familiar female voice call out.

"Hi mom." I spoke not looking at the figure that entered.

"You know it would be nice to know when you're home instead of...oh hello." My mother started to rant before coming to a halt when she noticed Catalina.

"Morning Mrs. August."Catalina cheerfully greeted with a smile on her lips.

"Morning, who are you?" My mother asked confused.

"Mom this is Catalina Evans; We went to West Metro for a while." I introduced.

"Ah, you use to affiliate with that horrid girl Jennifer." My mother rudely added.

"Not really. She was just the cheer captain at the time." Catalina answered, her sunny disposition gone due to my mother's coldness.

"Huh, honestly Lara I would have thought you would have learned how to keep pleasant company after what happened." My mother stated in a whisper that wasn't making our exchange of words secretive.

"Mother! Catalina had nothing to do with that. What happened wasn't her fault and out of her control." I argued applauded at my mother's behavior although not surprised.

"Mrs. August I am truly sorry for what happened, if there was anyway I could have prevented it I would've in a heart beat." Catalina chimed in sounding heart broken.

"Well sorry isn't going to giveback two years of tuition now will it."

"Mother! You have no right to talk to Catalina in such a manner. God why do you have to be such a bitch sometimes?Then you wonder why I make it a career to not be here." I yelled enraged in the distasteful displace of my mother's lack of hospitality.

" Lara Michelle August you watch that tongue of yours! Further more I don't like the fact that you bring your bed buddies here to defile my furniture. " My mother ranted jumping to conclusions of Catalina's presence in the home.