Chapter 40 Epilogue Lara

One year later...

My mind still boggles at the reality of how fast time really moves, that in a blink of an eye a year has already come and gone as I enter my sophomore year of college at Brown; Honestly leaving my old life behind me; leaving the comfortable familiarity of everything and once knew behind,  the people I see everyday aren't around to hang out all the time and the familiar surroundings where traded for nothing when I went to live on my own for the first time in a state I've never even visited before; yet Rhode Island was beautiful,historical architectures; sort of a quaint and small homey feel throughout the small state. The state is so tiny that one could literally walk from one end of the state to the other in at least an entire day!

Transportation freshman year sucked needing to learn the public bus scheduling routes but now that I am a sophomore I get to have my baby with me,only thing that sucks is that I have to pay a parking fee if I wish to keep her on the grounds; finding a loop hole I just keep her locked up a few streets away from the dorms but close enough so that if the alarm goes off I can hear it clearly and run down.
Of course since I was moving hundreds of miles away there was tearful goodbyes and promises to my family and the gang of weekly phone calls or text. I was pretty darn good at it at first, too.

Until the beeps and buzzes of my cell phone become less frequent when I soon realize how challenging college was in full swing and it had been days if not weeks since I would talk to anyone from home.
Things have been extraordinarily perfect so far since leaving Seattle; I made the deans list, I have a little part time job in a near by gas station and everything with Catalina has been amazing.

I miss her dearly when I leave but our reuniting is always something to look forward to. During my first year I kept in contact with everyone; RayRay joined the air force to care for Emily and their beautiful little girl who was going to defiantly be a heart breaker when she got older with RayRays dark curls and Emily's green eyes.

Danton and Shannon were constantly on and off but I knew things would steady out for them sooner or later. Even though they hate to admit it they love each other and anyone could tell, even during their worse fights.

I don't know about the others; Elizabeth and Victoria. I do know Elizabeth got into Tennessee and I think Victoria stayed home,matriculating at the State college with Catalina; she hasn't yet settled on a steady topic and is just taking general courses,which made communicating a bit of challenge with class schedules, but we always stuck to face timing and do our course work together,mostly. Some nights we would go off track and conversation would go in more provocative views.

As I unpacked and started putting things in order I could hear the muffle tones of my cell ringing somewhere among the mess of boxes;finally finding it the screen blinking with the caller I.D flashed 'Wifey' with a heart; it was Catalina.

"Hey beautiful."

"Hey baby" Her angelic voice answered from the phone.

"What are you doing?"

"Running a few errands before work. What about you?" Catalina asked.

"How are things at the shop? Boys staying out of trouble? I'm just unpacking."

"Things have been peaceful. Have you met your new roommate yet? She better not be prettier than me." Catalina replied.

"No one is more prettier or beautiful than you babe; and no I'm the only one here right now." I laughed.

"Damn straight, because I don't wanna beat a chick down for getting my babies attention." Catalina giggled trying to be stern and serious.

"You know I only have eyes for you Kitten." I smiled.

"You're just a fool in love aren't you Lara August." She stated.

"Happily."I answered before hearing a knock on the door to the dorm room, "Baby I sadly have to say goodbye, I think my roommate is here."

"Why not hello?" She giggled.

"What?"

"Open the door." Catalina purred and with that I hung up my cell and bolted across the thin gray carpet and threw the door open.

"Catalina!"I explained being both surprised and happy.

"Hey ba-" I  pulled Catalina into my arms and slamming our lips together cutting off her greeting as my hands cradled her strong sharp cheekbones in the palm of my hands.

"Baby what are you doing her?" I asked when I had pulled away.

"Moving in." She answered sweetly.

"Wait what?"

"I'm your new roommate." Catalina spoke.

"I..I don't..."

"I transferred my credits here; I wanted to surprise you." Catalina explained.

"Trust me I am very surprised, wow baby." I replied kissing Catalina again but slower and more passionately before taking her in to my arms, "Wait but how did we become roommate?"

"Fate I guess."

"I fear that there won't be much studying done this year." I chuckled as my fingers danced along the top of Catalina's jeans.

"Maybe,we'll just have compartmentalize work time and play time." She purred wrapping her arms about my neck before kissing me once again.

"Wait.So if you're finishing school with me whose taking your shifts?"

"Emily; she and Victoria have decided to split the days equally. Although Vicky was nervous thinking that she'd have to get dirty and work on the cars." Catalina laughed.

"No, Although I did love that picture of you in my old uniform. How on Earth you managed to make a moss green jump suite sexy I will never know."

"Talent."She laughed.

"This is unreal." I sighed

"It's like a dream."

"That's because it is." I replied my voice dying.

"What?" Catalina asked confused

"Catalina..."

A/n

AWWWW SNAP!!!! CLIFF HANGER!! Shout out to my home town Rhode Island!!!! I love my city, it's so beautiful during the fall. 

I have no song for this chapter but if you think of one let me know.