Chapter 9. Not Friends Catalina

Loud music, alcohol, drunk people and dancing. I'm sure neighbors were able to hear the music from down the block. Maybe there are people stumbling on the sidewalk or in the yard too.       It's 12:41am.

My eyes are wide open as I'm trying to fight sleep.

It's dark and hot and I'm not sure where Lara went; plus, I have never had to pee this bad in my entire life, but this guy grinding up behind me doesn't seem to care.

Without bothering to turn around and explain myself to this guy, I rip his hands off my waist and head for the stairs. Finally reaching the bathroom I was grateful that there wasn't a line before isolating myself from the noise it was almost peaceful as the music hummed behind the closed door.

Laughter and drunken conversations took place from outside the bathroom and I prayed that no one would come knocking on the door as I just wanted a moment to myself since Lara had ditched me and gone god knows where or is with god knows who doing what I'm sure she does best.

A pity of disgust swirled within me as it felt like the stomach acid was making it's way up my throat,starting to feel sick.

Washing my hands and finishing up I looked at myself in the mirror shaking my head, why did I agree to come here? I questioned myself even though I knew why. I did this for Lara, to get a bit closer to her. Clearly that wasn't working out since she had disappeared and I have not seen or spent time with her since the car ride here.

Collecting myself mentally and emotionally I unlocked the door and flung it open only to come face to face with Lara and a glazed look in her eyes.

Was she drunk?

"Hey Kitten." She mumbled laughing her words almost incoherent.

"Hey Larbear. You okay? Want some water?" I asked feeling concerned.

"Hm, my head hurts but I'm great. Just fantastic." She groaned bringing her hand to her temple.

"Let's go find somewhere quite then." I suggested taking her hand in mine and going to the closest and hopefully empty room near by.

"Out of all the rooms here you happen to pick mine?" I heard Lara laugh once we had entered the room and closed the door.

"What?"

"When....when I need a home away from, you know. Ray let's me crash....here." Lara struggled with her words.

"How nice." I replied.

"The greatest." Lara wobbled over and titled against the wall trying to steady herself.

"Okay. I think you need to lay down and relax to just-"

"Trying to get me into bed already Ms.Catalina? Not very lady like." Lara giggled as I tried to help her. "You're so beautiful Cat." Lara continued placing her hand on my cheek and stroking the skin with the pad of her thumb. As my eyes connected with Lara's we were so close that even in the dull lighting I took note of how dark blue her eyes were as her pupils were heavily dilated.

She wasn't just drunk; she wanted me.That thought caused butterflies in my stomach and goosebumps.

"Lara your...your eyes." I muttered trying to avoid looking into them and getting lost.

"What about them?" Her words dragged out.

"They're dilated. I do recalled what happens when your eyes get like that." I stated remembering our previous encounters like the fair and my party.

"You remember. How sweet."Lara teased.

"What are friends for?" I somewhat joked hoping that Lara and I were on some levels friends.