6| Nice My Foot

N I C E M Y F O O T

W O R D C O U N T : 1644

"Bibijaan how long have you toiled here?" I interrogated feeling really bad for the lady right now

"Bibijaan how long have you toiled here?" I interrogated feeling really bad for the lady right now. Bibijaan looked like a typical mother. You would like to cuddle with her, she was that cute. She wore a rimless glass and her hair was black but now as old age slowly prevailed, you could spot some grey hair too. Although I swear that the fitness and energy with which she moved around could put a youngster to shame.

She had wrapped around an apron as she was busy preparing for the dinner.

She was mixing a batter of ALLAH knows what and I was seated on the opposite side of the scullery counter observing her cooking skills.

"Habibti, I have worked here ever since I could remember. My father served here as a driver to Bashar bhai's father and I have worked with them ever since, even before Humza was born." My eyes widen and fattens up at her revelation. How could he do it to her anyway?

"Wallahi Habibti, please don't judge him. He isn't bad at all. Infact he has never raised his voice on me. This was a first. I have seen him grow into a man that he is right now. He isn't much of a talker and he is also very short tempered but for the people he cares, he would never wound them." I tried to gather whatever information I could. Bibijaan was still taking his side. He is a monster. Why doesn't she accept it?

Him being nice to anybody would be a sign of apocalypse.

A sound of heel against the cold floor got our attention. I turned to my left to see a women wearing a one piece and black pumps. Her off shoulder dress was too short and it was revealing a lot more than needed. I think she was 5.9 already. Lucky her.

Her golden brown hair cascaded down her back elegantly. She was like a Victoria secret model. Her face consisted of her beautiful emerald eyes, thick eyelashes, A long nose, full lips and offcourse a scowl which I must tell you was being thrown at me.

"Maid, I'll be gone for a while now. Tell Humza to not wait for me." My eyebrows had slightly been raised at her but she didn't notice it.

"Yes madam." Bibijaan bows at her in respect and I felt my blood boil. Why do people treat her like this? She is the most elder one here, she deserves respect.

Before I could even throw a fit about it, she stormed away.

"Who was she?" I interrogated.

"She is one of the mistresses." Maliha said while entering the kitchen with a tray full of plates.

"And where are the others?" I asked in confusion. I have seen two of them but haven't yet seen the others.