18| Before I Tame Her

B E F O R E I T A M E H E R

W O R D C O U N T: 3937

Good news!
My exams are over.

This chapter is so long, my hands are paining from all the typing.

Also it's so tough to think like a boy 😟

Anyway enjoy. 😘
Do reward me with your votes and comments.

I was at the warehouse since early in the morning

I was at the warehouse since early in the morning. I didn't wish to go back home, at least not as yet.

"What did he say?" I probe while signing the papers that Huzaifa had placed before me.

I signed it with the Parker pen gifted to me by Hazel when we were together. I have an uncanny fetish for pens and she was aware of it . My insides squeezed at the memory but I managed to disregard that part.

"Well he said that they know about your deal with Ahmed. They even know about Anaabiya and since you married her, they think that she might be your weakness." Indignation and umbrage was slowly building up in my mind as I thought of the different ways, they could use that woman against me. She wasn't my weakness. They were idiots but no matter what, if they lay a finger on her, I will dismantle their entire family, infact I'll let his 7 generations suffer a painful fate. I grasped the pen tightly, trying my best to calm and compose myself, my eyes still stuck on the papers.

I was about to question him more when his phone started buzzing.
I motioned him to take it.

"Yes." He said. The person on the other end must have said something really appalling for Huzaifa's face now distorted with fear. "Just try to hold him down, don't shoot him. He could be valuable. We'll be there." He spoke hurriedly before grabbing the car keys from the table and gesturing me to come along. I looked at him quizzically before getting up from my seat.

"Okay." He replied before disconnecting the call. I was about to ask him' what was all that for?' but he beat me to it.

"There is an intruder. Hamid called. We must go before anybody gets hurt. If he was Zaid's man, he might harm Anaabiya." To say that I was furious would be an understatement. It was much more than that. I was enraged to the level where I didn't even realize that I broke the parker pen that I was holding on, into two pieces. My jaws had tightened at the mere thought of anybody getting hurt at my home.

I dropped the broken pieces of the pen on the table and strode along with Huzaifa towards his car.

As soon as we reached the house. I ambled towards the guards. "He went inside Humza bhai." Hamid spoke with ignominy as we approached him. There was a slight cut on his lower lip.