15| Don't Forget Your Promise

D O N' T F O R G E T Y O U R
P R O M I S E

W O R D C O U N T: 1346

Hello peeps! Surprise! Surprise!

Don't blame me for the shortness though. 😘

Uzair turned abruptly tugging and heaving me behind him

Uzair turned abruptly tugging and heaving me behind him. I quiver in trepidation with fear of my dream coming true. The gun was still​ pointed towards Uzair. Huzaifa and his other men stood behind him.

"Hum.. Humzaaa I can explain." I stuttered but was shunned as soon as he placed his index finger on his lips.

"Shhhh! just don't say a word. I don't want to hear your voice. It will only increase your sufferings." He spat with malice and rancour.

"Don't you talk to her like that. I swear I wouldn't think before killing you." Uzair replied with an equal spite and bitterness. Humza only snickered.

Finally I had someone who stood up for me. I looked at Uzair with affection and that seemed to have ticked something off in Humza's brain.

"Get away from him woman." Humza snarled, shaking his pistol from left to right. His cold response instantly doused the small flame of happiness lit within me, replacing it with a poisonous terror.

My sudden silence had him chuckling, His chortle only added to the already building fear inside me, making my skin crawl.

I knew how Humza worked and I knew he wouldn't think before shooting Uzair. But I can't let that happen ever.

At once I moved away from Uzair who seemed to have been taken aback.

"Good. I'll deal with you later." His eyes pierced through mine. They held a promise and I felt myself cowering back a little.

"Now what do we do with you?" Humza walked a full circle around Uzair. By now I was trembling with fear but Uzair, he seemed to be unfazed, his eyes still settled on me.

"Listen I have no grudges against you. I just want to take her back. I just.." He was heckled as Humza began.

"Tsk tsk.. You are not supposed to say anything until and unless you are asked to. So now first tell me your
your name." This was the moment I dreaded the most and wanted the mother earth to swallow me in.

"Uzair Imam." Humza's eyes snapped to me. His eyes darkens and lours to the extent that I could only find myself fearing him all the more. He gritted his teeth as his hands too curled up into a fist.