43| End?

E N D ?

W O R D C O U N T: 4336

For some odd reason, I couldn't find it in me to accept the fact that Ahad would want to kill us

For some odd reason, I couldn't find it in me to accept the fact that Ahad would want to kill us. Nobody else knew him like I did and I was sure that there was something imprecise. I was determined to find out. I contacted Ahmed bhai the moment I came to my friend's apartment. He treated me like his own sister and he was ready to succour me at once. Ahmed bhai was very understanding. He told me he was glad that I seeked his help. He said that he himself would look into the matter.

But my mind was restless and edgy all the time. I wanted answers.

My friend's apartment was colossal. It was a two store building. She had given me a room in the first floor for a few days while she herself lived in another room on the same floor. I was sitting near the window watching the sky. I wasn't really philosophical but wasn't the sky really beautiful and alluring at night? It was a full moon and my room was silvered and transformed by the light of the moon, which at full, hung like a great luminous pearl on the radiant breast of heaven.

I wanted to get into a car and drive until I found what I was looking for, Maybe a part of me wanted to find it's impetus or maybe a new start or maybe it's just a sky with unclouded stars but there was also this part of me who knew that I couldn't walk much without having Humza beside of me.

My thoughts were abated soon because I began to have a nagging feeling in the back of my mind. A feeling you get when someone is staring at you. I was being watched. I turned my gaze to the road which was visible from my room, searching for any source but there were none. It was late and it was but obvious that nobody would be out there. There were cars parked in front of the building but nobody was in there, at least I thought so.

Deep down I was petrified, and so I pulled the curtains and went back to bed. With teary eyes I managed to sleep for about 2 hours.