7| He's Lying

H E' S L Y I N G

W O R D C O U N T: 2034

W O R D  C O U N T: 2034

"No.. I mean yes, he's taking good care of me." I felt an amused look plastered on Humza's face where as a casual smirk crossed mine.

"Alhamdulillah. I knew this was the right decision." Rafia aunty ruffled Humza's hair as he groans a bit. She kissed my forehead and I don't know why it felt a little foreign. Does she like me?

To be honest I have never felt loved. Nabiha didn't even call me ever since I came here. What kind of love was that?

"Anyway I am leaving mother. I'll be late. You guys please don't wait for me." Humza glanced at his watch and began to strode away.

"Where are you going?" Aunty questioned him and he soon halted in his tracks.

"To Huzaifa's party. It's for his sister." Well I remember Huzaifa. The head of security.

"Take Anaabiya with you. She'll enjoy." Humza's jaw clenched and unclenched as aunty asked him to take me along.

"I already asked her. She said she is not feeling good." My mouth opens and then closes as I couldn't think of anything to say.
Maybe he is going along with one of his mistresses. I swear maliha always told me that she could have hired the famous assassin named Anyah to get rid of all of them at once. (Anyah this was for you ♥️)

He on the other hand
is such a liar. He is snubbing his lies at my face. I wouldn't want to go along with him but now that he doesn't want me to go, I will.

"Actually I am fine now. I would like to go aunty." I wasn't still talking to Humza directly and I could see his eyes darkening as I sniggered.

"But mother I am already late." He never called his mother 'ammi' or 'mama', just something that I have noticed lately.

"Why aren't you people talking directly to each other?" Uncle interrupted noticing the distance betwixt us.

None of us utters a word. Humza looks distracted, as if he didn't even hear that. "Listen You two. I know this is tough, marriage is tough but give each other a chance and I don't want to hear anything else. Anaabiya go get ready. You two are going together." Aunty warned us and I honestly didn't have the guts to go against her or hurt her.

Humza raises his hand out of exasperation, as if he couldn't believe it. Frustration quite evident on his face.

I ambled back to my room hurriedly and took out the first dress that I saw. It was a cream and pink 2 piece. It had a beautiful embroidery at the end near the intricate golden lace and near the neck. I took a pink hijab and wrapped it around my head securely. As for makeup I had applied a lip gloss and nothing else.