22| If We Die, We Die Together

I F W E D I E, W E D I E
T O G E T H E R

W O R D C O U N T: 3881

I am so sorry to the ones I promised an update the day before yesterday. I was caught up into something and so I couldn't update. I am really sorry.

I wrote my longest chapter today. 😰

"Humza

"Humza." Ahmed did a curt nod when I strolled to his side along with Malika.

Ahmed and his men were already standing with a drink in their hands but it wasn't alcohol. He never drank alcohol for some unknown and undisclosed reason.

I wag my head in response. "Who is this beautiful young lady beside you?" Ahmed eyed Malika seductively and Malika only accepted it with glee.

"She is my wife Ahmed." I replied nonchalantly. My mind was still on a riot, I wanted to turn back and have a good look at that women, to see what she was doing, wondering who she was with.

"...Humza?" My name suddenly pulled me off my stance. "Sorry what?" I questioned looking in between Ahmed and Rashid, wondering who was saying what.

"I said the party is nice." Ahmed eyed me with inkling. He was a very calculative man. "Thanks." I replied.

"Who is the girl with Huzaifa?" Ahmed probed, his eyes were shinning with mischief as he scanned her behind me. My muscles immediately grew rigid and tense. I shifted uncomfortably.

"She is Huzaifa's cousin, probably married." I almost shrugged. "Oh what a shame? All the beautiful women in the world are already taken, just like the one beside you." Ahmed tried to charm Malika and the stupid women already fell for it.

Thankfully, he didn't ask about Anaabiya again. We talked about business and our old rivalries.

When I could no more take it, my eyes began to forage the foyer for her face. I found her soon. This time she was with Ahad. I heaved a sigh of relief and ease. Ahad was safe for now. For days I had been thinking if I had seen Ahad somewhere but I couldn't quite grasp where? One day when I had received a call, well not exactly me because he called Anaabiya and since her phone was with me, I had received it. He had enlightened me that he knew me from before but he said that I had helped him once, although I couldn't remember it.

The night had passed by swiftly and there was absolutely no one falling for my bait.

I was distracted and distrait the whole evening. I had to keep an eye on Anaabiya and look for the traitor as well.