28| You Will Kill Me One Day Woman

Y O U W I L L K I L L M E
O N E D A Y W O M A N

W O R D C O U N T: 3268

Good news: updates resumed!!!

Thanks for being patient and sorry to all whom I didn't reply. I didn't want to give you false hope. I already regretted doing it once.

Anyway enjoy! 😘

"Never leave her alone. You are her only family." They had said. My eyes were teary as I saw where the car was leading us. The same accident again. I tried waking up but it was all in vain. "You'll die. Stop the car." I bawled but it was as if they couldn't hear me. I saw the same car that was coming from the front, the one that was going to hit us.

"Please wake me. I don't want to see it." I covered my eyes and yelled as much as I could.

"Protect Nabiha. You are her only family." My mother had said before the collision took place. "No..No...No." I was constantly crying as I felt the car rolling from the impact.

"Shhh! It's okay. It's fine Anaabiya I am here." I heard a soothing voice which was pulling me out of the darkness and evil that had enveloped me. The expeditious beating of my heart wouldn't stop. I felt his warm and cosy chest as he pressed me against it and I didn't hesitate for once before clutching onto him.

"Open your eyes. See there is nothing. It's just you and me." He cooed as he rubbed my head.

I opened my eyes, immediately muddled with a foreign sight that welcomed and engulfed me. I was panting hard and my body was covered in sweat. Everything was blurry and so light that my eyes hurt. I wanted to remove this fog in front of my eyes, but blinking didn't help at all. I felt so weak and bewildered. "I want to go to my aunt's house. Please." I felt his muscles tense as soon as those words left my mouth. I was breathing heavily. I had to see Nabiha. My parents were right. I was her only family. How could I just leave her?

"Look at me." I looked up to see Humza. He had that pained look on his face. I tried to move out of his hold but he wouldn't let me. He had an iron grip around my waist. We were still lying on our bed. My breath had hiked all the more because of our proximity.

"Slowly breathe in now." He spoke gently. Several seconds later I took a deep breath. "Now breathe out." I exhaled as I followed his instructions carefully, all this while staring into his blazing eyes. They became my anchor now and I couldn't look away.

We repeated it a few more times, until I could breathe properly by myself, and several minutes later my heart beat finally slowed down.