01

|»«|

|01: The Dark Knights Timid Saviour|

Gingerly Batman opened his eyes, only for his head to explode with pain. He was quick to suck in a breathe, hand shooting up to his forehead, his fingers relievingly brushing his cowl, as he tried to rub away the nearly unbearable sting residing underneath his skull. It was a futile effort to do so as he glanced around the room, taking in the dimness of it, as well as how bare it was. Where he was exactly; he hadn't a clue. But, his head was in too much pain as well as his body to properly move yet. Even with it taking far too much effort to look around, he did, with his eyes landed on that of a young male.

They were dressed like that of a hero- or a villain. Personally, Batman rather it is a hero. They wore nearly all black with a blue bird centered at their chest, it's wings running down the sides of his arms where his sleeves connected with black gloves. The rest clung tightly, that same charcoal color matching their shagging hair. They stared back at Batman through the lenses of their mask, analytical eyes examining him. "How are you feeling?" They asked quietly, backing away slightly.

Batman wished to sit up but fought against it. Knowing his body had yet fully recovered to perform such a small action. So, he begrudgingly remained where he was. "Who are you?" He asked, ignoring the others question.

"..Anjo." They answered, shuffling slightly in discomfort, locking their eyes with the ground.

"Where am I?"

The boy, Anjo, remained silent for a moment, seeming to be having a silent argument with himself. "You're at my place." He said after a few minutes. "I brought you here after I found you unconscious in a nearby alleyway."

Batman shot him a look of confusion, the others word barely making any sense. Anjo was quick to notice his confusion, so he quickly began explaining. "You probably don't remember, but you were fighting scarecrow and he infected you with his newest fear toxin. It looked like you didn't have an antidote, so you passed out before you could get help, and I found you on one of my patrols and took you here.." His voice drifted off around the end, his hand rubbing his arm gingerly as he avoided the Dark Knights gaze.

"You saved my life?" Batman asked after a moment, a thankfulness lacing his words. The other hesitantly looked up at him before avoiding his gaze with a nod.

"Yeah.."

"Thank you."

They looked up at him with wide eyes. Obvious surprise polluting their features. "What?"

"Thank you," Batman said again, finally finding the strength to sit up. The other shifted nervously as they watched him move, but stayed where they were. "I really do owe you, Anjo."

"You don't owe me anything." Anjo smiled, running his fingers through his dark hair. "Saving people is part of the job. Just because you're the infamous Batman, doesn't make any difference."

Batman smirked slightly at the others answer. "So, you're a hero?"

Anjo went back to staring at the floor, losing all confidence he seemed to previously possess, but his small smile still remained. "I like to think of myself as one." He admitted.

Batman nodded at this. "How long have you been a hero in Gotham?" He was indeed interested in the boy. Having someone else patrolling Gotham without him knowing, truly was something that bugged him slightly. Even with how timid they were, the fact that they have been able to hide from not only him but pretty much everyone else indulged in the hero life, means they definitely knew stealth.

"A little over eight years," Anjo explained. "I know you don't like people in your city, but with you constantly being targeted by more famous villains, I thought I'd help with the smaller ones. Burglars and such. I'm sorry for not revealing myself sooner, but I didn't know how, and I didn't want you to be mad-"

"Hey, calm down." Batman interrupted softly, holding up his hand slightly, fearing if he let the other continue, he'd probably never stop. "I'm not mad. Just a little surprised." They nodded at this, letting him continue. "Eight years is a pretty long time though, and you seem pretty young. How old were you when you first started?"

"I was ten. But, I had been training since I was eight.. so its not like I'm inexperienced.. " They broke off into a mumble around the, rubbing their arm a little more.

Batman had a frown pulling at his lips at the thought of how young the other was. The fact that he started when he was ten and had been doing this for eight years, means he's 18.. "Why at such a young age?"

Anjo immediately went quiet and Batman knew then, he had brought up a sore topic. Quickly, he changed the route of the conversation. "Have you been working solo by yourself all this time?"

Anjo merely shrugged. "I guess. I made it a point to keep myself hidden from the world because I didn't want to ruin your appearance." Batman's frown deepened. "But, there is one person I've helped on a few occasions  and him vise versa." He admitted, a small happiness brightening up his features.

"Can I get this person name?"

He thought a moment before nodding. "Only if you don't yell at him." The Dark Knight was confused at the request, but agreed, obviously relieving the other. "His name is Kid Flash."

-To Be Continued-

»A/N

Super sorry it took so long to finally get this published, with work, and the end of the year exams, free time is pretty limited. -Le Tear- No matter, I've finally found some time to get this done, so Yay!

I wanted to take a new approach to Dicks character. Usually, I make him all sarcastic and such, but then I decided it was time for a change. So who's ready for a timid ass superhero that knows how to fight, but not how to cackle out some comebacks, and instead stutters out something lame like, "S-shut up! You're just a stupid villain" Or "I don't know how to deal with this situation." And yadda. Let's not forget some daddybats and fluffy BirdFlash.

Ah, so beautiful.

Well, that's all! Bu-Bye!

-JJ