02

|»«|

|02: An Unexpected Offer|

"It's called 'Trauma Toxin'," Anjo explained, fidgeting in his seat slightly, as Batman continuing to observe from the bed. "This toxin scars the brain in a manner similar to the effects of a traumatic event. It replicates a chemical reaction the body would have to something horrific enough to tear the mind apart."

The Dark Knight continued to listen in interest at what the other was saying. "And you figured out an antidote for this in such little time?"

Anjo nodded. "I-I was almost afraid I wasn't going to make it in time.." He admitted with a forced chuckle before his smile dropped. "A few more minutes and you would have practically been a husk of what you once were. Unable to feel anything- to do anything.."

The thought brought a sour taste to the Dark Knights mouth. Wishing to forget such a thing, he quickly changed the topic. "How long have you and Kid Flash known each other?"

The other seemed to falter in breathe for a second, their hands freezing, as a small blush crept over their skin. "A little over a year.."

Batman frowned at the idea of the gingered hair hero keeping such a secret from the League for so long. He was aware he had promised the other not to yell at the boy, but that didn't excuse the fact a few words needed to be exchanged. But, something else bugged the Dark Knight as well. "Do you know each other's identities?"

Anjo thought about lying to the other but immediately shot the idea down. "Yes. But, I promise not to tell anyone!" He exclaimed, meeting Batman's gaze for once. "He's done so much for me, and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I put him in harm's way like that. It just- it just wouldn't be right.."

So Kid Flash also knows Anjos identity. Batman stowed away the thought, feeling as though he had asked the other enough questions. He did save his life, and semi-interrogating him was not the best way to say 'thank you'. Then again, he wanted to keep asking questions, because the other fascinated him- which was weird because hardly anything ever fully fascinates the Bat. So, he opted for just one more question. "Would it be okay if I brought you back to the Watchtower? You seem like a splendid hero, and I'm positive the League will take just as much as an interest in you as I have."

Anjo seemed to sink in his seat at the idea of being placed in the spotlight of the world's more popular saviors. Superman, Wonder Woman, even Kid Flash's uncle would be there. What would Wally even say if he knew I was there? He pondered. "I-I don't know.."

Batman realized the discomfort he brought upon the other, immediately letting guilt eat away at him. "I'll let you think about it until tomorrow night." He said, relief immediately washing over their features. "For now, I'll have to go. People are probably wondering where I am."

They nodded at this, standing from their seat. "I'll show you the way out."

And as Anjo watched the other leave, a familiar gust shot out behind him, a smile seeming to find it's way onto his face at the newcomer's presence. "Was that Batman just now?" Kid Flash asked, walking up to stand beside the other.

Anjo nodded, an excited smile pulling at his lips. "I saved his life."

"Did you really?!" Kid Flash asked, pulling the other into a hug. "Babe! That's amazing! What did he say?"

"He said 'Thank you'." They explained, returning the embrace. "And he wants me to meet the League.." He added a bit more quietly.

"The League?" Kid Flash repeated, now having the other held at arm's length to get a better look at him, but Anjo continued to stare anywhere, but. "As in the League, I work with?" Fearing what the others reaction would be, they remained quiet. The speedster seeming to notice this, as he pulled back his mask, revealing the freckled face Wally West. "Babe. Look at me. Babe- Dick, look at me now."

At hearing his name, Anjo finally met the others eyes, a calming sensation washing over his body at seeing Wally's gentle smile. "If you think I'm mad at you, you're wrong. Super wrong." Wally stated, sliding his hands down the others arms to intertwine their fingers. "I'm so excited for you, I'm fighting to stop my body from vibrating with excitement! Look!"

At this, the timid hero noticed the slight vibrating in the others hands, a smile returning to his lips, as a small laugh slipped out. "I really was worried you'd be upset, so I didn't give Batman a straightforward answer. He should be coming back tomorrow night to see what I say."

"Do you want me to be there when he comes?" Wally asked.

Anjo nodded, finding comfort in the idea. "If it's not too much to ask?"

"Not at all." Wally beamed.

"But, what if the League finds out about us? What will they say?"

Wally brought his face closer to the others, his features derived of anything, but seriousness. "They can say what they want. That doesn't mean anything to me, and it shouldn't to you. I want to be with you, Dick. Because I love you. Alright?"

He nodded, his face radiation with happines. "I love you too."

Wally gave him a quick peck on the lips. "Good. Now, what do you say? Should we go somewhere secluded and celebrate?" He asked, a mischievous smirk pulling at his lips.

Anjo blushed immediately but didn't decline, quickly getting pulled along inside his place by the excited speedster.

- To Be Continued -

»A/N:

Chapter Two is done! Yay~ I honestly had so much fun writing the end of this chapter- I also had a pretty hard time doing so, because I was fangirling over all the BirdFlash. Ahhhhh. I love it!

Now, I hope you all enjoyed, and if you'll excuse me, I need to get some more coffee. Bu-Bye!!

-JJ