03

|»«|

|03: A Superhero Meeting?|

"So, this guy.. saved you?" Flash asked once more, the news that The Batman needed saving in his own city, not fully processing in his mind quite yet.

Batman sighed in irritation, glaring at the practical five-year-old, stuck within a man's body. "Yes. He saved me." The Dark Knight gritted out through clenched teeth, making the speedster shrink back in his seat slightly. Oh, how Batman cringed at the thought of trying to convince the man his own nephew was in cahoots with his timid savior. He'll do his best to keep the news to himself until the end of their little meeting. A perfect time to quickly take his leave before getting trapped in another endless loop of answering the same question of "Is this true?".

"Do you have a visual of him?" Wonder Woman cut in, tossing a piece of hair out of her face.

"I don't," Batman replied. "I had invited him to meet with the League. He had agreed to give me his answer tomorrow night."

"And if he doesn't agree to come?" Superman asked, skepticism drenching his words. A few Leaguers agreed with the Kryptonian.

"Then he doesn't come." Batman snapped. "Anjo is not a threat to anyone, and he will not be treated as such if he chooses not to make an appearance in front of the League. Am I clear?"

"Can we at least learn a little more about the guy before meeting him?" Superman asked instead, a frown tugging at his lips.

A moment of silence plagued the room as the Dark Knight and Man of Steel remained locked in a fierce staring contest. "Of course." Batman ground out, clearing his throat slightly. "He is an 18-year-old male that has been secretly patrolling Gotham for the last eight years-"

"Eight?!" Flash cut in. "He's been patrolling your city for that long and you never knew?!"

Batman was really beginning to question his 'no kill' rule. Maybe if he made it look like an accident- "Yes. Eight years." He sighed.

"So, he was only ten years old when he started?" Wonder Women frowned. "Why?"

"I have no clue." He admitted, he too wished to know why. "But, everyone has their reason." Personally, he hoped it wasn't anything like himself, but his gut told him that was very unlikely. He would definitely need to find out. If he could possibly learn his true identity, then maybe he could learn more about him? He could always ask Kid Flash.

Kid Flash.

Batman internally groaned, knowing it was time he brought up that matter. "Anjo had told me that one of the Young Justice members had been secretly working with him for the past year."

This had gotten everyone's attention. "Yeah? Who?" Flash asked.

"Whoever it is, should expect a very stern talking to after this meeting is over." Wonder Woman added, many Leaguers agreeing with her, and Batman couldn't agree more.

The Dark Knight made sure not to look Flashs way. "Kid Flash has, surprisingly enough. Even going so far as revealing his secret ID along with Anjo."

"So, Wally knows who this kid is?!" Flash asked, zooming up from his seat. "Then why don't we just have him tell us?"

"I doubt he would reveal such information without the consent of the other." The Dark Knight explained. Anjo had shown great respect for Kid Flash during their conversation, it was only logical that Kid Flash would feel the same way. The speedster frowned slightly at this information, hunching over slightly in mock defeat.

"I can't believe my own nephew would keep this a secret from me.."

"Wally is 20 Years old, almost 21. He shouldn't have to tell you everything going on in his life anymore." Wonder Woman smirked, amused at her fellow hero.

"Still." Flash huffed, retaking a seat and folding his arms over his chest tightly.

"We will discuss Wally after I receive my answer from Anjo tomorrow night," Batman stated, waving off the childish man, much to their protest.

"I hope you're right about this guy, Batman," Superman spoke up. His skeptic tone all too clear.

"When have I ever been wrong?" Batman challenged, taking his leave before the other could answer.

- To be Continued -

»A/N:

Here's today's chapter. Sorry, it's kinda short, it's mainly just a filler. I think I'll have Batman visit Anjo next chapter, as well as have him meet the rest of the League. Question: should he come in his hero attire or civilian attire?

I'll leave that for you guys to decide. Thank you for all the feedback so far, it's really entertaining reading your comments.

Welp, that's all I gotta say. Bu-Bye!

-JJ