15

|Newbie?|

Dick sat quietly in the chair, a thick blanket of boredom wrapping itself around him as he stared lazily at the screen. Having successfully hacked the cameras of the building the team was to break into, quite some time ago. Now, it was a waiting game. The team still flying over in the bioship, the occasional comments dancing into the acrobat's ears.

"Newbie." Red Arrows obnoxious voice cut in, earning an eye roll from Dick. "Are you watching the cameras or just sitting on your ass?"

"Ask me that when you actually arrive." He snapped. "And don't call me 'newbie'. I've been doing this a hell of a lot longer than you."

"I doubt it."

"Yo! Leave my dude alone!" Robin cut in, a 'whack' sounding seconds later, followed by a small hiss of pain coming from Red Arrow.

"Robin, please do not hit your teammates." Aqualad sighed, Dicks small chuckle following after.

Several moments later, the team had finally arrived, their images popping up on the screen as they silently crept throughout the building. Knocking out men along the way.

"He's in the room down the hall, Kid Flash. Second door on the left." Dick stated, watching as Kid Flash appeared on the screen. The speedster looked around for a moment before spotting the camera, shooting a bright smile as he made a heart with his hands. The timid hero smiled lovingly at it. A small blush creeping over his cheeks.

Soon, the others had joined the speedster. Taking positions around the door, whilst Red Arrow prepared to kick it in. "There's a man leaning against the door. Banes guy sitting at a desk further back." Dick warned. All other hero's nodding before Red Arrow charged in; the power of kicking in the door knocking out the other man leaning against it.

He watched as they all charged in, Banes guy immediately standing from his seat with a startled yell. "Gotcha~" He sang, folding his arms behind his head. "A group of four are running down the hall. Each armed." He added moments later, glancing at the group of enemies.

Superboy and Miss Martian immediately headed out.

Banes guy glared at the rest with heated eyes. His body shaking, as he clenched his jaw. Unfortunately for Dick, the cameras couldn't pick up any audio. So, he was left in the dark momentarily. But, from what he could see, Red Arrow was trying to act high and mighty, interrupting Aqualad as he spoke to the man. The Atlantian stepping away with a sigh.

"Save the talking for later." He spoke into the comm. Red Arrow flashing the camera a heated gaze. "Just grab the guy and bring him back for-" He stopped as he watched the archer fire an arrow at the camera, making him lose visual. "Was that really necessary?"

"Very." Red Arrow growled into their comm, causing the acrobat to roll his eyes once again.

"Just hurry and wrap things up." He sighed,  rubbing his temples as he looked through the remaining cameras. Taking note that Superboy and Miss Martian successfully took out the men.

"I'm not taking orders from a noob."

"Just because I'm younger than you, doesn't mean I don't have more experience. Now please return to the bioship and head back."

"I do-"

"We're on our way." Kid Flash cheerful voice cut in, interrupting the archer. "I have the guy and am dragging him to Miss Martians sweet ship now. Look, you can even see me on camera."

Dick chuckled as he watched the speedster wave, Robin jumping around beside him, a huge smile on his lips.

"Anjo! Anjo!" Robin called. "Did I do good on my first mission?"

The acrobat blinked once realized what the other had said. This was Jason's first mission? A proud smile tugged at his lips. "You did perfectly. Like a real hero."

Robin looked at Kid Flash excitedly, the speedster giving him a small pat on the head before walking onwards, dragging their newest prisoner.

All the while, Dicks' eyes landed on Red Arrow. Said archer glaring bitterly at the floor as he trudged along behind the others, shooting the camera a subtle glare.

He shrugged it off, preparing for the team's arrival.

|》《|

"So, the mission was a success?" Batman asked, a bit skeptical. His sentence was slow and cautious. "Nothing went wrong?"

The Atlantian nodded once more, the others proudly smiling being him. Well, except Red Arrow of course.

"That is.. pleasing to hear. Good job." He praised, sending Anjo a congratulatory glance as he turned to leave, stopping once he remembered something. "Oh, Robin. Do come home at a reasonable time tonight. You have school tomorrow."

"Awe man," Robin whined, the others chuckling as the Dark Knight made his way out.

Dick made an effort to stand, balancing himself on his crutch before making an attempt to walk, only to be blocked by Wally. "Where do you think you're going?"

"Home?"

"With that leg?" Wally asked, raising a brow as he pointed to the useless limb. "I think not."

"But-"

"No buts. You're staying at my place again. Final answer. If I let you off on your own, you'll definitely try patrolling."

"It's healed enough.." Dick pouted, glancing to the side where he met Red Arrows gaze. "What?"

"Nothing." The archer shrugged. An amused smirk tugging at his lips. "Just not convinced you're skilled enough to be a hero is all."

"Roy," Wally warned, but the other paid him no attention.

"And I hear the League wants you to join them." Red Arrow continued. "I honestly don't see why. You seem pretty weak." They ran a hand through their hair. "I've heard a bit about you and none of it sounds League like. I mean,"He gestured to Robin with a small laugh, "This kid took you our with a crowbar and your legs broken from saving some purse thief?"

"Roy, that's enough," Wally stated once more, stepping up to be level with the other. "Just because he's hurt right now, doesn't mean he's weak. He's a hell of a lot stronger than you anyhow, so-"

"It's fine Wally," Dick spoke up, shrugging away the hurt that briefly flashed through his eyes. "He's only stating the obvious." He agreed, limping out of the room before any other comment could meet his ears.

Wally stared angrily at the spot the timid hero once was, his eyes narrowing as he turned around and delivered a hard punch to Red Arrows cheek, knocking him to the ground. Blood immediately trickling from the Archers mouth.

"Wally!" A few other hero's called, but he ignored them.

"If I ever hear you talking to him like that again, I'll do more than just punch you. Am I clear?" He warned, straightening himself out before running after his lover.

- To Be Continued -