34

|Jay and Jason|

"He's heading down the alleyway. I'm tailing him now." Robin spoke into the comm, his cape fluttering as he skidded a corner and continued his chase after his target.

"I'm flanking around the building now. Don't lose sight of him."

"Yes sir." His pace quickened, the terrified eyes of the man he was pursing chancing a quick glance back at him before they too quickened their own steps. Robin reached out to grab at the collar of their shirt, fingers barley brushing it, before he was forced to evade a small pile of trash dumbed in his path. "Shit." He cursed to himself as he continued onwards.

"I'll be over there in just a moment."

"Gotcha Bats." He made another grab at the man in front of him, his fingers barley missing once more whilst the end of the alleyway came into view, Batman not yet in sight. "Where are you?" Robin asked quickly.

"Right around the corner." No sooner had those words met his ears did the silhouette of Gothams Dark Knight block the exit. The lenses of his cowl already narrowed into tight slits as he glared down upon the now frozen man the two heros were pursuing. "It's over." He stated, his voice menacing and deep.

Robin stood behind the now shaking man as he let out a few heavy breathes. "Man, you sure know how to run." He let out a sigh before a tiny smirk pulled at his lips as he watched his mentor take a few threatening steps forward. The man in turn taking a few steps back before bumping into him. Robin held their shoulders to steady them as he let out a small cackle. "Come on, my guy. All you gotta do is tell us where Penguin is. Then you're free to go to jail right after."

The man gave out a nervous whimper as he stared back at Robin with wide terrified eyes. "Answer the question." Batman snapped, now towering over the other. They whimpered once more, still desperately trying to step back, but Robins grip held firm.

"He isn't gonna ask again pal." Robin pointed out.

"Okay! Okay! I'll tell you!" They screamed, holding their hands up in surrender.

"Good boy." Robin praised, patting their shoulder. "Now-"

His words were cut short as an elbow made contact with his nose. The pain immediately blossoming across his skull as he stumbled back slightly, clutching his face. "Ow! Dude what the hell?!" He cursed, his eyes slightly glossy with tears as blood trickled between his fingers.

"Robin!" Batman called, the man darting off.

"I'm fine! Go get him! I'll catch up!" Robin snapped slightly. Batman nodded before taking off.

"Shit." The hero cursed as he leaned against the alleyway wall. He moved his hands from his face a bit, blood immediately pouring out. He covered it once more. "Fucking stupid ass punk." He continued to curse, but he immediately stopped when he heard footsteps.

"I guess you didn't catch him, Bats?" He asked casually before turning and freezing along with the officer staring behind him in puzzled surprise. "Oh."

"Hey kid, are you okay?" The officer asked. If they were surprised that they had stumbled upon a bleeding teen playing hero, they were hiding it well as they immediately placed themselves at Robins side. Instructing him on what he should be properly doing to stop the bleeding. "You need to tilt your head back and pinch the bridge of your nose or it'll never stop bleeding." He explained, gently moving Robins head back their self.