06

|»«|

|06: Grounded|

"Please!" Wally whined for the umpteenth time that morning. Blue eyes gazed past the pages of the book they were previously engrossed in.

"For the last time, Wally, no. Now eat your breakfast." Dick spoke, returning his attention back to the words in front of him.

Wally huffed at this, glaring at his partially eaten cereal. "I refuse to eat until you agree to go to Mount Justice and meet the team."

"Then don't eat."

"I could die from that, y'know!"

"Then die."

Wally groaned into the tablecloth. "You're so cold-hearted."

"I know. You never fail to remind me."

Green eyes glared at the ebony haired boy as cereal was harshly shoveled into their mouth. This has been the norm this morning. Wally pleading with his lover to meet his team, only to constantly be shot down by a harsh comment. No matter, he was going to make Dick meet them, one way or another!

Honestly now, Dick was only like this when it was the two of them alone. Boy, did he miss the days when the other would stutter through nearly every sentence.

Ah, he created a monster. A very cute monster.

"Fine. Then.. you're grounded." Wally concluded, a seriousness lacing his tone.

They looked up at him once more, a brow raised as they gazed at him, unimpressed. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me," Wally huffed, dropping his spoon into the bowl with an obnoxious clank. "You're grounded."

This had peaked the others interest. Pushing his book to the side, he smirked. "Oh yeah? And what is it I'm grounded from?"

The ginger pondered this for a moment before a cheeky grin graced his features. "Hm Me."

"You?"

"Yep." Wally agreed, adding extra emphasis on the 'p'. "Me."

"Care to elaborate?" Dick asked, resting his chin in his hand.

Wally leisurely leaned back in his seat, arms folded behind his head, as he kept his smug grin plastered on his face. The pose in itself only seemed to amuse the other more. "That means no more visits, which means no more of my amazing jokes, food, and se-"

"I'm going to stop you there!" Dick interrupted a faint blush tinting his skin. "Honestly, Wally, you could do that, but as I recall, you're the one who's constantly craving attention in this relationship. I'd get along just fine." Man. That was a lie.

"Your harsh words are going to be the end of me." Wally groaned. "Remind me why I put up with you?"

"Because you love me." Dick hummed.

"Touché." The speedster reached across the table, intertwining their fingers. "Seriously babe. You gotta meet the team. I understand the whole 'introvert thing' you got going on, but it would be really good for you to spend even a little bit of time around them."

His gaze softened slightly as a small frown tugged at his lips. "I don't know.. being in a room full of Hero's was tough enough as it is. But, being in a room full of immature Hero's? No thank you."

"They're not all immature." Wally countered.

"Yeah. Just you and Artemis." Dick pointed out, thinking back on the countless heated stories the other had told him about the two. Honestly, Dick would probably die of irritation if he witnessed one of their childish fights.

"That's because Artemis is a bi-"

"Wally," Dick warned.

"She is!"

Sighing, he ran a hand through his raven locks. "The only time I'd probably meet your team is if they were in any danger and needed help- which I doubt will be anytime soon."

"You'd be surprised." Wally chuckled, cringing as he thought back to the many- and he means many- failed missions.

He could still vaguely remember extreme nausea he experienced during his fight with Count Vertigo.

Those were bad times.. eh.. still bad times.

But, coming to the conclusion that the other wasn't going to budge, he dropped the matter. For now. "Fine. But, you will have to meet them someday. Who knows, an alien invasion could break out next week and we'd need you!"

"Let's hope that doesn't happen. If it does, rip to the aliens." Dick joked. "Now finish your cereal."

"I can't. It's soggy."

"Wally, I can't be wasting stuff like that. Especially on the salary, I make." Dick groaned, pulling his hand from the others to rub at his face.

"I apologize Officer Grayson. I will do my best not to do it again." Wally promised, giving the other a mock salute.

Dick glared at him. "You're lucky you're cute, you bastard."

"You love me." Wally laughed.

"I must be insane."

- To Be Continued -

»A/N:

Here's another filler chapter. Woo-hoo! Aren't they just the best. Entertaining readers long enough to not be killed by their bombardment of comments.

Ah, what have I gotten myself into?

I remember the good ol' days when I joined Wattpad to only read books. Then some insane piece of me thought it would be fun to write one. Safe to say that insane piece has taken over. Rip to my once sane soul. You shall be missed.

Here lies sane JJ.

2000-2017

- Insert meaningful phrase here -

-JJ