28

| Shut Up |

"I'm going to make my mark on the world, and soon even the heavens will know the name of Barbara Gordon; The Batgirl!"

"Shut up.." He whispered, body hunched forward in his bed as he kept firm hands over his ears.

"Oh... Barbara."

"It's Batgirl."

"Shut. Up." His blue eyes were wide and dull, teeth clenched so hard, one would fear they might crack.

"Here you go with your lame insults."

"Shut up.. shut up.."

"I can't die.. not- not yet.."

"Shut up!!" He bellowed, body slick with sweat as image upon image of her face flashed before his eyes. The blood that had leaked from her body warm on his hands as he sat there, digging his nails into the skin around his ears as he so desperately tried to block out the noise of that gun shot and her weakening voice pleading out to him.

Nothing he did made it stop. No matter how much yelling nor how hard he pushed on his ears, her voice still rang loud in his mind and her face still flashed before his eyes. Desperate, he dragged himself from his bed, ripping needles from his arms in the process as he threw an I.V stand out of his way. His exposed chest heaving violently as he crumbled heavily to the floor, bruising up whatever skin that wasn't hidden beneath his shorts as he leaned forward, forehead touching the ground as he heaved.

"Promise?"

He slammed his casted first down violently. The cracking of freshly healed bone snapping apart as blood was quick to soak through the cast and all over his skin. "Stop.." He whispered, slamming his fist down again. And again. And again. No skin on his arm was left untouched as red continued to cover all of it.

"I promise."

And he screamed.

His scream echoed loudly down the hallway, everyone in the Mountain hearing it and freezing before Wally could be seen zooming by. The door opened with that same hiss as he was met with the heartbreaking sight of his lover screaming out in agony with blood staining his skin. He was at their side immediately, pulling them into his lap and restraining them from hurting themselves anymore. "Babe! Babe clam down!" He called desperately, "What did you do?! What did you do to yourself?!" He hugged them closer, their face buried into his chest as they continued to let out those agonizing screams of pain. "Its okay. Its okay. Please, calm down." Tears filled his eyes as he sat there, unable to do anything as the team appeared.

"What's wrong?!" Artemis breathed, startled and unable to come any closer as M'gann flew past, kneeling in front of the two.

"Let me," She started, raising her hand over Dicks head. But Wally stopped her.

"No!" He yelled, pulling the screaming boy closer to him. "This is something he doesn't want anyone to see." Tears rolled down freckles cheeks. "This is something he doesn't want anyone to know."

M'gann looked sadly at the boy, but in understanding. Slowly backing away, she grabbed Conners hand, tears pricking at her eyes.

"He's bleeding badly." Kaldur stated as Dicks screams slowly turned into sobs. "I'll get Batman." He stated as he ran off.

"Artemis, can you get me a wet rag? Let's at least get some of this blood off." Wally asked, running a hand through Dicks hair while he kept a gentle hold on the Acrobats arm, to keep him from hurting himself anymore. "Its okay." He whispered into the others ear. "I got you."

Heartfelt cries still tumbled from Dicks lips as his one good hand kept a death grip on Wallys now stained shirt, his face buried into his lovers chest as her face finally started disappearing from his mind. "I'm sorry." He cried. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so- so sorry." His eyes finally opened to reveal those broken blue orbs, a distant look in his eyes as he admitted. "She's dead because of me."

"It's not your fault." Wally stated firmly, bringing the others gaze to his.

More tears fell as Dick whispered, "I.. I killed her."

"No." Wally swallowed hard, trying to wipe away some of the others tears. "No. You didn't."

Batman pushed his way through, breathing a bit heavily as he took in the sight before him. "Put him on his bed, Artemis grab some gauze and pain killers." He quickly instructed. Wally picked the other up and sat him on his bed, Dicks grip on his shirt not loosening as the speedster sat next to him.

"She died saving me." He continued with a whisper, looking at the other. "I was stupid and my partner died because of me. Its going to happen again. It will happen again. Its too dangerous for me to be with you guys-"

"Don't say that." Wally stated, brows furrowed. "It was an accident, Dick." He tried to convince.

"And with Joker." Dick continued, eyes distant as he ignored what the other said. "He hurt all of you to get to me. Its too dangerous!" He tried to stand, but Wally and Batman made sure he stayed put. "I'm not strong enough to protect you, but if I leave you'll all be safe."

"None of that was your fault." Wally continued to try and convince. "Babe, please just calm down."

"It's too dangerous for me to be here. I have to leave. You'll all get hurt again. Then what will I do? I can't lose you."

- To Be Continued -

I got another tattooooo it looks so goooooood. Yisssssss.

Picture above

- JJ