14

| Red Arrow? More like Real Annoying |

Dick pouted as he sat on the floor of the training room in Mount Justice, his broken leg obviously stretched out in front of him, whilst crutches laid at his side. He was leaned up against a wall- courtesy of Wally. The speedster really kept his word when he said the acrobat was "grounded". Meaning he wasn't to leave his sight.

Even when doing a team exercise.

"Stupid Wally. Stupid leg. Stupid wood. Stupid murderer. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.." He continued to huff under his breath, his arms folded tightly across his chest as he puffed out his cheeks.

His gaze shifted slightly as Artemis pinned Wally to the ground. The room announcing his defeat. Dick snickered slightly at this, earning a betrayed glare from the speedster. He retaliated by childishly sticking his tongue out at the other. Wally rolled his eyes in return.

But he jumped slightly as he felt a hand grace his shoulder, terminating his and Wally's small silent argument. "Oh. Hello Batman." He greeted, flashing a small smile. Waving as Jason ran by, taking a place next to M'gann. The two immediately starting a light conversation.

"Hello, Dick." The dark knight looked between him and the speedster with a raised brow, a small smirk tugging at his lips as he realized what was happening. "Fighting with Wally?" He asked, his voice not as gruff as usual.

Dick breathed out a short, embarrassed laugh. "How'd you know?" He asked, rubbing his arm slightly.

"Let's call it a lucky guess." Batman knelt, becoming level with him; his cape spreading out around him. "How's your leg?"

"Broken." Dick pouted sourly, silently cursing the damn thing. "But, it just needs like, one more week, and it should be as good as new." He added with a sigh. "Tell Agent A 'thank you' for me, again."

"I will," Batman promised.

"So, what brings you here to the party?"

"Mission briefing for the team."

He nodded at this, looking out at the smiling faces of the team. "What kind of mission?" He asked, a bit worried about the dangers it may possess.

Wally may get on his bad side at times, but he still loved the man.

Hell, he'd even admit he was even beginning to enjoy the others present as well.

"Hopefully nothing too dangerous," Batman admitted. "The team is being sent out to apprehend one of Banes men. He'll be needed for questioning if we are to figure out Banes next move."

Dicks' nerves calmed slightly as he gave another nod.

"And if it makes you feel any better, I've asked Green Arrows old partner to take part in this mission."

"The one who quit because he didn't get what he wanted?" Dick asked. To be honest, he had heard how the archer not only treated Wally but the rest of the team. He could honestly say he didn't like the guy. Even with the fact he'd never officially met him in person.

"Yes." Batman sighed. "However, he is reliable when it counts. Plus, I'd like it if you'd help in this mission as well."

He looked at him, dumbfounded. "I have a broken leg." He wasted no time pointing out his useless limb.

"I'm aware," Batman smirked, earning a huff from the acrobat. "I was going to have you stay here and monitor them through the computer. Wally has told me
you're an exceptional hacker, and I'd like to see if that's okay with you?"

"Well. I got nothing better to do." He admitted with a quiet chuckle. The two shared a smile before Batman stood grabbing the team's attention and taking them for their debriefing. Wally being kind enough to scoop up Dick and his crutches along the way.

|》《|

Dick knew he was right.

He. Did. Not. Like. Red. Arrow.

He sent the male archer a subtle glare once the debriefing was over. Red Arrow looking over at him with mild attitude. Who are we kidding? A lot of attitude. "Make sure you don't mess up." Red Arrow stated as he passed by.

"Took the words right out of my mouth." He shot back. The two shared a hard glare whilst Wally cautiously stepped between them.

"Come on you two.. Let's just all get along." The speedster stated with a nervous smile, arms chest level as he pitifully tried to calm the two.

"Whatever." The Red Archer huffed, stomping off.

"I don't like him," Dick stated as he folded his arms, leaning back into the chair Batman had generously placed in front of the computer. "And I don't want to work with him."

"Come on babe." Wally pleaded, intertwining their fingers as they knelt down in front of him. Careful of his leg, of course. "Just this once?"

His glare wavered as he got caught in Wally's eyes. Letting out a sigh, he nodded. "Fine. But, if he puts any of your lives in danger, especially yours or Jays. I'll personally make him trudge through hell and back."

"Of course." Wally beamed, sneaking a quick kiss before jumping to his feet, pulling his costumes mask over his face. "Watch over me, okay?"

"Always." He smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too." And with that, Kid Flash was speeding out of the room in a blur of red and yellow.

- To Be Continued -

A/N:

Foreshadowing?

-JJ