22

| Found |

"I'm going to make my mark on the world, and soon even the heavens will know the name of Barbara Gordon; The Batgirl!"

Eyes barely peaked through cracked lids. The mask once keeping them hidden long gone, revealing dull and tired blue orbs. When a headache erupted beneath his skull as he tried to look around, he immediately closed them with a small whimper. It felt like a fire had been lit in his chest as he took in a small raspy breath. The broken ribs rattling underneath bruised and blood-stained skin.

Everything was vague and blurry. What had happened to him? He laid still, taking the time to analyze his body and its damage. Slowly moving each of his limbs until a strangled gasp ripped past his chapped lips. His right arm was definitely broken. A few of his fingers on his other hand, but the arm seemed moveable. Pain flared from his right leg once the cloth of his suit moved against the skin. He gingerly opened his eyes, making sure to not move his broken arm as he slowly lifted himself up. He bit his lip till the point metallic coated his tongue as a few pieces of his ribs moved around. Breathing became laborious once leaned against a wall, but he needed to check his leg.

Blood was already seeping through the fabric, as he gently pulled the cloth up. A deep gash revealing itself as blood continued to ooze out and down the pale skin of his leg. He let his head rest against the wall with a subtle sigh. Staring up at the ceiling he took note of how dark the room is and how it was practically covered head to toe in cement. Was he in some kind of homemade cell? He wondered once glancing at the metal bars. He concluded so as he glanced back at his leg and arm. He'd need to do something about this.

A series of scars, bruises, and blood spotted skin revealed itself as he slowly stripped himself of his shirt. A small whimper slipping past his lips as he lifted his arm and slipped the cloth down it. Oh, how a broken bone hurt. Ignoring the screaming of his chest, he stuck the cloth in his mouth and pulled until it split in two. Tightly tying his arm to his chest in a make-shift sling, and the remaining cloth around the gash in his leg. He wouldn't deny the tears that pricked at his eyes during the process. This fucking hurt. No matter, the worse of it was dealt with. The rest of his injuries were just some cuts and bruises. Nothing he hasn't dealt with before.

He rubbed the blood from his lips. Now to figure out where he was and how he got here. He ignored a headache as he thought back. The last thing he remembered was running to his apartment to get some more equipment to join the League in a rescue mission. He vaguely remembered pain flaring in the back of his head, but everything still seemed fuzzy. Did someone break into his place? His light growl of frustration turned into a wince when he was painfully reminded of his current state. "Damn it.." He breathed. He was a bit shocked at how hoarse and raw his voice sounded. It felt as though he had been screaming for hours.

He blinked slowly, irritation gradually bubbling up inside him. He needed to get out of here. That was for certain. He glanced back at the bars of his 'cell', eyes landing on the lock. It was so basic.. He felt a bit disappointed in his kidnappers as he reached into his boot, pulling out a pair of lock picks. Dragging himself to his feet, he slumped against the wall. Letting out quickly pained breathes until he was able to slowly drag his feet over to the lock and begin his 'picking'. He was beginning to suspect that he was probably at the Legion of Dooms base. Well, he supposed it saved him the hassle of getting here. But who broke into his apartment? How did they even know where his apartment was? Only the League and Team.. knew..

His irritation was beginning to grow. That's the last time he trusts them to any private information. Now he has to move and possibly find a new job. Hell, he might even need to change his name. "Perfect.." He huffed once the lock clicked. The door gave an eerie creak as he opened it. Oh, how he prayed no enemies were down here. Leaning himself back against the wall in the hallway, he slowly trudged forward, carefully eyeing his surroundings.

He could really use some weapons.

He froze as muffled voices trickled down the hallway and into his ears. Oh god please let it be an ally, he prayed. Moving a bit slower as he came upon another cell. That seemed to be where the voices were coming from and he doubts the Legion would lock up one of their own. So.. ally? Hopefully.

He strained his ears to make out the muffled words but failed to do so once concluding they were speaking in extremely hushed whispers. Gently, he took a few steps forward, finally being able to get a peek into the cell. It wasn't lit all that well, but enough that he could make out the faces of the team. Fear flooded his body once his eyes caught sight of Kid Flash and his tear-stained cheeks, as well as his condition. He looked to be the worse of them all.

"Someone's coming." Superboy quickly stated, fear flooding the others features.

He shuffled a bit more, his legs wobbly as he finally stood in front of their cell, a worried smile pulling at his lips as he finally made himself known. "I finally.. found you.." He breathed out. Judging by the looks they gave him, he probably looked half-dead in their eyes. Hell, he felt half-dead.

"Anjo!" Artemis exclaimed, he quickly shushed her as he pulled out his lock picks once more.

He glanced at Kid Flash, the two locking eyes before he flashed a small smile, tears immediately welling up in the eyes of the other. "Thank God.." He sobbed, hiccupping some as he quickly rubbed his eyes.

"Quit being- being such a baby.." He heaved, his chest flaring with pain once more. He really needed to stop talking. "Can you guys walk?" He asked once the door was open, stumbling into the room until he was crouching in front of Kid Flash. He gently ran a hand through his lover's hair as he glanced back at the others. Who all looked ready to go.

"Yes," Aqualad confirmed, Superboy helping Miss Martian to her feet, whilst Artemis took a spot next to the Atlantian.

He nodded. "Help me with- with Wally?"

Aqualad nodded as he gently hoisted the speedster to his feet, letting him lean against his shoulder. "What about you? Are you okay to walk?"

Anjo flashed another smile, swallowing the blood trying to creep its way up his throat. "Of course. Let's get out of here."

- To Be Continued -