10

| 10: Training |

"Are you okay?" Batman asked, a sulking Superboy standing behind him.

Nodding, Anjo averted his gaze. "Yeah.."

"Good." Turning to the Kryptonian, Batman set his features into a narrow glare. "No missions for a week and I am having you assigned to Canary for managing your.. anger, am I clear?"

Growling out a 'whatever', Superboy took his leave, shooting the timid hero a glare. And with that.. Only Batman and said timid hero were remaining. "So.. what did you want to see me for?" Anjo hesitantly asked, rocking on the balls of his feet.

"It's about Jason."

They met each others gaze. "What about him? Is he alright?"

"He's fine." Batman explained. "But, he's personally asking for you."

Confusion crept it's way into the acrobats skin. Asked for him? "Why?"

"You really left an impression on him when you two met, and after spending some time with me at my.. house, he's grown on the idea of being his own hero." A ghost of a smile brushed the Dark Knights lips once seeing the others reaction.

"Really?" He perked up, a smile pulling at his lips.

"Mhm."

"So.. he wants to be a hero?"

"And he wants you and I to train him."

"That's so asterous!" The acrobat smiled, jumping slightly with joy as he clasped his hands together. "Uh.. When can we see him?"

"He's on his way over now, we'll be training him here, for obvious reasons." Batman explained, an apologetic look gracing his features.

He nodded with understanding. So, Batman still didn't trust him enough to see the Batcave. Understandable. It's not like he's told the man where he lives or what he does for a living.. ah.. but it probably won't be hard for them to figure it out. This is Batman we're talking about.

The Acrobat sighed at the thought.

And it wasn't until a few moments later, and a few small shared words, did Jason finally arrive. Decked out in a red hoodie and jeans, a huge smile never leaving his face. "Anjo!" He called, frantically waving as he bolted the twos way.

"Hey Jay." He greeted, ruffling their hair, much to their protests. "How you been?"

"Great! Br- uh.. Batman has been letting me stay with him, and even enrolled me in this super rich school! Of course, all the kids there a stuck up assholes, that don't know the first thing about the real world. But, that's fine. Oh! And he said he'd let me be a hero! Isn't that great?!"

"That's amazing." The timid hero beamed, giving him a small smile. "Any idea on what your name will be?"

"Uh.. no. But, maybe you can help me think of one?"

"For sure."

"Yes!" He cheered, turning to the Dark Knight. Whom of which, was awkwardly standing to the side, no clue how to join in on the conversation. "So, when are we going to get started with this training thing?"

"In a moment. How about you meet us in the training room. Change into some better clothes while I discuss some things with Anjo real quick?" The Dark Knight offered. Shooing him off in so many words.

"Okay boss. See you two then." Jason saluted, turning and making his way out of the room.

Leaving Batman and Anjo. The latter internally freaking out. Because one, Batman wanted to talk to him about something, and two, he didn't know what he did wrong to get talked to. Should he apologize? But, for what? He really didn't want to know.

"I wanted to ask if you've changed your mind about joining the League." Batman cut in, interrupting the others thoughts.

Boy was he relieved. "Oh.." He mumbled, ducking his head slightly. "Sorry, but I still don't think I'm League material.."

"You'd be perfect for the league." Batman encouraged, softly placing a hand on the others shoulder.

"You haven't even seen me fight yet." The acrobat reminded. "The closest you got was when I found Jay, who in turn cracked my head open by accidentally throwing a crowbar at me."

It was all the Dark Knight could do not to smile at the memory. "That was quite the interesting thing to see." He spoke. "How about you and I patrol Gotham together sometime. That way I can see for myself?"

"Hm.. I don't know.."

"I'll let you think about it." Batman stated, smiling slightly as Jason's excited calls echoed down the hallway. "Come on. We better hurry before he begins without us."

The two made their way out of the room, oblivious to a smiling speedster watching them leave.

"I've never seen Batman so open with someone before." Artemis's voice sounded, catching Wally's attention, as she came up to stand by him. "That's Anjo, right? The secret boyfriend you've been hiding from all of us."

Wally let out a small laugh. "Yeah. He is."

"He's adorable."

"Back off, girl. He's already mine." Wally defended, nudging her slightly with his shoulder. "Continue chasing your wizard girl, alright."

"Yeah yeah." Artemis smirked, ruffling his hair. "Speaking of Zatana. Any idea where she is?"

"None whatsoever."

"Bummer." The Archer pouted, before patting him on the back. "Well, I'm gonna go look for her, have fun doing whatever you're doing, nerd."

"See ya, Robin Hood!"

"Shut up!" Artemis laughed, exiting the room, the sound of the zeta beams going off a few moments later.

- To Be Continued -

A/N:

Heeeeyyyy.

It's been a while.

A month to be exact.

Oops.

Welp, here's a filler chapter. Or a chapter. I don't know what this is.

But, yeah.

Updated

Ka-chow.

Sincerely, your horrible author, whose books are trash and you shouldn't be reading,

-JJ