44

A light hum slipped past ruby red lips as Joker slowly slipped on his purple jacket. Smoothing out the cloth before turning to smooth out his hair just as easily. His smile grew as he listened to the two injured heros talk about escape. It growing even more when three new voices could be heard bickering just outside. "Now, let the finale begin."

"Will the two of you just be quiet?" Anjo hissed. Both Red Arrow and Jay quickly shutting up. The acrobat sighed in relief before turning back towards the building. "This is the last one we haven't checked." He whispered. "They have to be here."

"Or Joker could be lying and this was a huge waste of time." Red Arrow mumbled.

"Are you always this negative?" Jay growled.

Anjo cleared his throat with a glare before either men could continue their argument. "Let's go." He stated, making way to a nearby window.

He peaked in, quickly spotting the two hero's he was looking for. "Found them." He whispered. Immediately the other two were at his side, squishing together to get a peak. "They don't look good." He mumbled. His stomach beginning to knot up with worry.

Distracted by the relief of finding the two missing heros. All three men failed to notice the new presence approaching behind them.

Elsewhere, the group of young hero's gathered together. "Have you heard anything?" Artemis asked.

Superboy shook his head. "Not since we found those bodies. All I know is Anjo finally met up with the others but then completely dropped off the radar."

"You don't think Anjo got taken too?" Miss Martian asked.

"It's hard to tell." Aqualad sighed. "From what I've seen he's definitely more skilled then he lets on. But he does let his emotions control him."

"Especially when Wally gets brought into the mix." Artemis sighed. "And With Robin missing as well who knows how Anjos going about all of this."

"I just hope he's not alone." Miss Martian sighed. Her words drenched with a worry the entire team couldn't help but feel.

"Where was all this spunk when we first met?!" Joker laughed as he evaded a jab to the jaw. Anjo swinging his leg around and making an attempt to slam his heel into the clowns temple, but Joker easily blocked it with his arm as he threw the other back. "I pegged you for the all bark and no bite type."

"Go to hell!" Anjo snapped as he lunged at the other, slamming them down to the ground and getting ready to deliver a harsh punch. But Joker easily threw him off, making him roll to get back onto his feet as he put his hands back up to shield his face as Joker threw his own couple of punches.

Neither side seemed to be gaining any ground on the other as both Anjo and Joker slugged it out. The acrobat just desperately trying to buy enough time for Red Arrow and Jay to get the other two out.

Back in the warehouse, the archer and officer were helping the others as quickly as they could. But Jay was having a hard time keeping his dinner down as he kept glancing at the severed heads and Roy was trying to do everything in his power to stay calm as he looked at Kid Flash's bent legs.

"How much longer until they heal?" The archer asked as he helped Kid Flash sit up.

"I- I don't know." Kid Flash gasped. "How's the kid?"

"Better than you." Robin wheezed as Jay freed him and helped him over to the others. Jay and Red Arrow both exchange worried glances.

"Where's Dick?" Robin asked, a chill racing down everyone's spines as they heard Jokers laugh echo from outside.

"He's keeping Joker busy." Red Arrow stated, "do you have a comm?"

"I don't know what Joker did with it." Kid Flash stated. A groan slipping past his lips. "Dick should have one."

"Well what about you?" Red Arrow turned to Robin. The young hero rubbing his neck sheepishly.

"I left it at home."

"Oh for fuck sake." Red Arrow sighed.

"Should I call for backup?" Jay asked but all three hero's immediately shot the idea down.

"They wouldn't be able to do shit." The archer stated, jolting up as the sound of breaking glass echoed around them. "Stay here." He stated, getting up and checking it out.

It had come from across the room. The corners darkened with shadows. The little light within the building doing next to nothing to cast it aside. Shards of glass laid scattered across the floor. Splattered with blood and shreds of torn fabric. Some black and some purple.

Roy found him reaching for an arrow and aiming it once that manic laughter shook his ears. Anjo and the Joker tumbling out into the open. The acrobat struggling to pin down the clown as they each shared their own fair share of bruises and gashes across their bodies.

"Anjo!" The archer exclaimed. Readying an arrow, but he just couldn't seem to get a clear shot as Joker threw the acrobat off, only for the Anjo to bring him back down to the ground.

"Oh would you look at that." Joker giggled as Anjo slammed his head back down again. "Robin Hood has come to save the day." He finished with a groan.

"Red?!" Anjo exclaimed, still struggling to keep the Joker pinned down. "What are you going, you're supposed to be getting the others out!"

"I am- I mean I'm trying too! But-" the archer began, but Anjo quickly cut him off.

"Just do it already!"

"Yeah, do it already!" Joker mocked. Another bubble of laughter slipping past his lips as Anjo successfully pinned him down. "I give it another five minutes before this place is blown to the Watchtower and back!" He added.

"What?!" Red Arrow yelled as Anjo paled at the realization. "Are you saying there's a bomb?!"

"I'm the Joker my boy! There's always a bomb!" The madman laughed as Anjo quickly stood.

"We need to get everyone out of here right now." The acrobat stated.

Red Arrow nodding quickly before exclaiming, "Look out!"

Anjo froze. Both hero's did as the acrobat felt pain exploding in his back. Almost white hot as the pain dug deeper inside of him as he heard Joker whisper into his ear. "And there's always a knife too."

To be continued