26

A warm smile remained on Dicks lips as he stared around the room, Jason wrapped around his waist with relieving words pouring past the youngest lips. As for Wally, he remained standing at the side of the bed, his gaze not once wavering away from his lover as the rest of the team crowded around, spewing mashedup sentences into the air. "I'm glad you're all okay." The acrobat voiced, halting their words. "How's your arm?" He turned and glanced at Wally. A small cast wrapped tightly around the others arm, but his worries dissolved when the speedster moved their shoulder around a bit.

"Pretty much healed, just keeping it on a little longer just in case."

"I envy your healing factor." Dick laughed, looking down at his own arm. The limb wrapped securely to his chest to keep him from moving it. "My arms not going to be the same after that." A hint of sadness laced his words, but quickly disappeared as he added. "But I don't really care."

A few mouths opened slightly, prepared to argue on the matter, but all immediately changed their minds, concluding it's pointlessness. "Just.. try not to use it so much, just until it's fully healed." Kaldur instructed, showing a gentle smile. The Atlantians gaze traveled along the exposed places on the Acrobats body, peering over some bloodied bandages, his casted arm, and finally the sheet of cotton taped to his cheek, hiding the permanent scar he was to receive .

"I'll do my best." Dick nodded. He gently pried Jason from his body with his only good hand, an apologetic gaze polluting his eyes as he glanced around. "I'm a bit tired though, so I think I'm going to rest for a bit." Most nodded in understanding as they began to filter out of the room, Jason and Wally staying behind a moment longer.

"Call if you need anything, 'kay?" Wally stated, gracing his lips on Dicks forehead. "We're all just outside."

"Get better soon!" Jason exclaimed as the speedster directed him out, Dick smiling while giving a soft wave before the door closed with a hiss.

However, his smile immediately fell, as his teeth sunk into the skin of his lips to stop the light trembling. His true emotions finally showing as he sat alone in the quiet dim hospital room.

----------------------------------------

"You're being unusually violent this time around." They huffed, wiping the small stream of blood away from their pale nose, as they looked on with their permanent smile. "This couldn't be because of that worthless-" Their words were quickly swallowed as Batman slammed his fist into their stomach, a wheezy gasp quickly stumbling out. Stepping back, he continued to observe as the other recollected themselves, stumbling slightly as they held their middle. "I'll.. take that as.. a yes." A pained chuckle slipped out into the air as they finally composed themselves.

"I also heard that you took in another brat as well. Too bad I didn't get a chance to play with him as well." They racked back their greasy green hair. "Maybe I'll go after him next-ack!"

"You talk too much." Batman stated darkly, rubbing away the pain coating his fist whilst the other did the same to their swelling cheek.

"What can I say?" They chuckled. "I have a lot on my mind." They let out a huff of pain as they pulled themselves up, standing with a light tremble in their legs. "Anyway, this has been fun and all, but I think it's about time we finish this up." A crooked grin pulled at the scaring of his lips as he pulled out his signature blade, spinning it around carelessly a moment as he watched Batmans glare turn a tad more menacing, he too pulling out a signature weapon of his own; batarangs.

"You're going to be locked up in Arkham for a very long time, Joker." Batman growled, getting in a stance whilst Joker got in his own sloppy one.

"You say that every time." Joker pointed out. "What makes this time any different?!" He charged, Batman blocking the blade with the hardened armor on the outer part of his arm. Sending a knee slamming into the others stomach they stumbled away with ragged coughs and a bit of slobber dripping from their lips.

"Because this time, I'll send you there in a body cast." Batman promised, Joker wiping his mouth with that same sadistic grin as he watched the batarangs come charging his way. Not at all bothering to dodge.

_____________________________________

Red and blue stained the area as police officers polluted the scene, Gordan having forced his boss to let him take lead this time. And as he came upon the scene, he huffed out a breath into the chilled air, pulling his coat tighter around him. "You really went overboard this time." He mumbled, staring down at the bloodied lump.

A few weak chuckles trickled out of Jokers lips as he laid spralwed out on his back, his eyes nearly rolled into the back of his head as blood continued to leak out of his nostrils and the corners of his mouth. Not a single area on his pale body left without a bruise or a cut.

Gordan glanced around, watching a flutter of as cape before the owner disappeared. The Dark Knight now nowhere in sight.

- To Be Continued -