07

|»«|

|07: Bank Robberies Suck|

Dick released a deep sigh as he leaned back into the seat of his vehicle. "Rough night?" His partner asked beside him, blowing lightly on the hot beverage in his hand, before taking a sip.

He nodded, rubbing his face. "Yeah."

"You seem to have a lot of those."

"..Yeah.."

The two remained silent a few moments, lazily watching the traffic zoom by from their spot along the side of the road. Only the occasional slurping being heard as his fellow officer swigged at their drink.

"What exactly do you do that keeps you up so late?"

He glanced through the corner of his eyes. "It's nothing."

"Well, its gotta be something."

"Jay," Dick warned.

The officer, Jay, put his hands up in mock surrender, a small laugh slipping past his lips. "Okay. Okay. But I do expect you to tell me someday-"

"We have a 211 at Gotham City Bank. I repeat; we have a 211 at Gotham City Bank. All officers in the vicinity head there immediately." The radio chimed, the two officers shared a look before buckling in, sparking the engine to life, and racing down the road; sirens blaring all the way.

And when the two arrived, the building had already been surrounded by fellow cops and their vehicles, lights flashing as vans pulled in; heavily armed men quickly pouring out.

"What's the deal boss?" Jay asked, a hand ruffling short brown hair.

"Officer Grayson. Officer Mendoza." The elder officer acknowledged, a troubled frown wrinkling his face. "Just a handful of thugs, but they have hostages. At least ten as we've identified, and.." They sighed, rubbing the back of their neck. "Each has a bomb strapped to their chest."

"Son of a bitch." Jay sighed. "Have we figured out a way in?"

"Not yet. But, they're insane. Refused any offers we made them. Doing this solely for the hype." The officer explained.

"Where's Superman when you need him, eh?" Jay joked, elbowing Dick in the side.

"Or at least Batman." He mumbled, recalling how this was the Dark Knights city. However, Batman isn't much of a day person.. so it would make sense if he didn't show. "What type of set up are they using on the bombs?"

"They all seem to be connected to a single switch. A switch that their little 'leader' has." The man in charge stated.

Dick pondered a moment. "How about we send a couple officers in as we distract them. Take out their leader and the hostages are free from the explosives. All there is to worry about is taking out the rest of the thugs."

"What about guns? If we aren't careful, then they could retaliate and shoot a hostage or one of the officers we send in there. It's too great of a risk." Jay explained.

"That's why we have the distraction. It's a long shot, but if we distract them well enough, we can get the hostages out and take down their leader all at the same time." Dick looked over at the elder officer. "It's all about the timing. But, if we get people skilled enough in there, I'm sure we can pull it off."