05

|»«|

|05: "H-He's my boyfriend.."|

Dick was beginning to wonder what the point to all these questions were. His parents, his struggles, even his name was worthy information to the Dark Knight. Batman had taken over the "meeting", leaving no room for the other Hero's to ask any of their own questions.

"I don't see how any of this is important information." Dick finally cut in, a frown adorning his features as he interrupted yet another unnecessary question.

"Trust me. All information is important to the Bat." Wally chuckled jokingly, an arm resting on the others shoulders.

Dick pouted with a slouch.

"It's not important information at all. Even to Batman. I get the whole 'knowing everything about everyone thing', but don't you think it could come off a bit stalker-ish?" Dick countered. Now he was the one asking the questions. Something Wally found completely normal. He remembered the countless times Dick had begun questioning others when he felt trapped. It always seemed to save him from what he described as "social hell".

Wally had made fun of him for days at the name. In turn, receiving the deadly 'silent treatment'. This being something his lover excelled at doing. "People are allowed personal information too, you know?" Dick continued.

Batman remained silent a few moments longer. The other was right, he was asking way too many questions, and about all the wrong things. But, this was Dick Grayson sitting in front of him. The person he had spent countless years looking for. To think he was right under his nose all this time. Batman frowned. "You're right. I apologize."

To say the League was surprised. The Batman apologizing? The world must be ending. Scratch that, it already has, but.. a glance from said Bat stopped them from speaking up on the matter.

"Can I ask a question now?" Flash cleared his throat, staring around the room to see any protests. The silence gave him the okay to do so. "Alright. Anjo, uh.. What is your.. uh, relationship with Kid Flash."

Dick blushed, hell, they both blushed.

But Wally? He held a proud smile on his face as he started, "Oh! That's easy. Dick and I-"

"H-He's my boyfriend.." Dick interrupted with a stutter. Blue eyes trained on the table as the blush continued to creep over his skin.

"Oh.." Flash had drawn out, realization flickering in his eyes. "Oh. Oh! Wait. What? Really? This.. That's amazing! Wally actually found someone? I'm so glad and he's so good looking too! That's a relief." Flash continued to ramble, although excited for his nephew. "He has to come over for dinner!" He finished a twinkle in his eyes as he stood from his seat.

"That's a great idea!" Wally joined in, a similar twinkle in his eyes, mimicking his uncle's position. "We'll help Aunt Iris make the food and everything!"

"She doesn't allow us in the kitchen!" Flash pointed out.

"You're right! We'll just have to be the taste testers!"

"But, that involves going into the kitchen!"

"Then well have to go our fastest speed! We'll be in and out before she can even notice!"

"That's brilliant!"

The speedsters remained silent for a moment, twinkling eyes staring at each other before they seemed to deflate with a content smile on the faces, both simultaneously saying, "food.."

Dick swore they were both drooling.

And it took everything in Batman's power to not throw the two speedsters out of the room. However, it didn't stop the twitching of his eye as he glared at them. He opted for not bringing up Wally and Dicks relationship. Feeling as though it would trigger the two all over again.

Flash would not be participating in meetings for quite a while. Hell, neither will his nephew.

"Anjo, you have proven to be trustworthy with all the information you handed over today." He stated after heaving out a sigh. "And I feel I am speaking for all of us when I ask, would you like to join the League?"

Dick grew silent immediately. Well, even more silent than he already was. If that was possible? "I don't know.. my skills honestly aren't League worthy."

"Are you kidding?" Wally broke in, seeming to have been broken from his trance. "You're like a mini Batman!"

"A mini Batman?" Superman asked, eyeing the speedster.

"Oh yeah." Wally nodded, draping an arm over Dicks' shoulders. "Don't let his shy personality fool you. I've seen him pull off things that only a Bat can do! And is Batman capable of performing awesome gymnastic moves? I don't think so! Ah, no offense Batman."

"..None taken."

"But, yeah. Dickie Bird has some mad skills. He just puts himself down too much."

"Wally," Dick warned, elbowing the ginger in the side.

"Just telling the truth, babe. I think the League will be good for you."

He grew silent, thinking this over. Sighing, he stated, "I don't think I'm ready to join the League officially.. but, I could be around if you ever need me."

Some were disappointed in his answer but found it was the best they were going to get out of him. "Okay." Batman agreed, knowing it was better than losing the other.

Again.

-To Be Continued-

»A/N:

Here you all go!

Thanks so much for all the feedback lately, it's really been entertaining to read. Welp. That's all I've got to say. I'm gonna go get some coffee now, because coffee is love, and coffee is life, and I just woke up, and I wanna die.
Jk

-JJ