16

| My weaknesses |

Dick clutched Wallys hand nervously as they entered the Mountain; his eyes still a bit red from the previous tears he had shed, as he gave a slight hiccup.

Wally immediately gripped his hand tighter, a small frown pulling at his lips as he thought back to the event that had just transpired only moments ago.

|》《|

Dick sat across the room of his apartment, just in Wallys view. His legs hugged tightly to his chest- he having been released from his cast the day prior. He was quiet. Distant even. Just starting out his window. Having been such a way since the mission with Red Arrow and the team. Wally already knew why.

"Are you going to patrol tonight?" Wally softly asked. Dicks gaze briefly shifted to stare at him before back out the glass, and out into the darkened streets of Gotham.

"Batman can handle it." The acrobat mumbled, not attempting to say another word.

Wallys gaze saddened. Letting a few moments pass before walking over to stand at Dicks side. The other didn't even spare him a glance as he knelt down. "Hey." He called, placing his hand on theirs. He immediately felt the small shake they were producing. "Babe." He encouraged, bringing his other hand up to grip their chin, turning their head to meet his gaze. "Talk to me."

"I am talking to you-"

"No." Wally cut in, giving a soft shake of the head. "That's not what I meant. Tell me what's wrong."

Dicks' lips parted for a brief moment before he tightly shut his mouth. His gaze wavering slightly.

Wally sighed, using both hands to grip theirs as he pulled them to the floor to sit in front of him. Dick quickly complying as he tightened his grip around the speedsters, his shaking becoming more obvious as his bangs shagged over his eyes. "Take your time." Wally smiled, running a thumb over the back of his lover's hand, the shaking ceasing some.

"I.. I'm so weak." Dick sniffled. "Red Arrow was right. I will never be strong enough to join the League."

The speedsters heart ached as he watched a few stray tears trickle down the other's cheeks and drop onto their intertwined hands. "Roy's an asshole. He's always saying things like that." Wally explained, freeing one of his hands to wipe away the other's tears. "Don't let his words get to y-"

"But, that's not it, Wally!" Dick cut off, lifting his head to look at the speedster. His eyes blue and glazed. "I am weak." He strained. "Not being able to hold off Superboy and having to call Batman for help. That robbery that got my partner shot as he defended me. Even when I broke this damn leg trying to apprehend a simple fucking murderer! And even back when she and I-" He stopped a moment.  "I am not strong." He finished.

A few pitiful sobs ripped it's way past Dicks' lips as more tears started to fall.

"It's just. nothing I do is enough.. Its like I'm just pointlessly trying."

"You saved Batman." Wally began with a shrug, wiping away the fresh tears. "And found Jay. Oh. And you even helped save multiple hostages during that robbery. And let's not forget making our last mission ten times easier." The other listened to Wallys word, their tears slowing some. "That sounds pretty strong to me. Just like a real hero." The speedster smiled. "Not everyone is going to be as strong as Superman or as smart as Batman. The League and the team were put together to cancel out each others weak points and strengthen their strong ones. It's all about doing their part. " He locked his eyes with theirs. "And you do yours perfectly."

Dick was pulled into Wally's lap, where he clung to him like a lifeline. His head placed on the other's shoulder as he let out relieved sobs. Hiccuping every so often. And Wally knew, even if what he said was true, the other definitely didn't believe a word he said. That's just how they were and he knew exactly why. the guilt of their past must still be tearing away at them and he didn't know how to help.

|》《|

Wally cleared his mind of the thought, watching his lover smile as he chatted with Jason and some of the team. "The next time I see Roy.." He growled as Artemis took a spot next to him.

She quickly nodded, folding her arms over her chest. "Someone needs to put him in his place. The things he said to Anjo were totally wrong. The guys an amazing hero."

"And person," Wally added, flashing a small smile and wave as Dick glanced in his direction.

"Have you convinced him to join the team yet?" Artemis asked, looking at him through the corner of her eye.

Wally sighed, rubbing his face. "No. But, I'm not going to force him. He'll join in his own time. I mean, it's obvious he likes you guys- er most of you guys. He's still pretty cautious around Conner."

"I wouldn't blame him." Artemis laughed, it immediately dying in her throat as a certain wizard entered the room. Walking their way with a confused look.

"Hey Zatana." Wally waved, Artemis desperately hiding the blush brushing her cheeks.

"Hey, guys. Who's that?" Zatana asked, pointing at Dick.

Wally gasped dramatically, clutching his heart. "You wound me." He zoomed behind the wizard, whispering "His names Anjo and he's mine." Before pushing her into Artemis, quickly running off with a laugh as Artemis caught the poorly confused wizard. Her face reddening as she glared at Wally as he hid behind a confused Dick.

"Wally!" Artemis yelled, all the while Zatana continued to be held confusingly in her arms.

- To Be Continued -