45

Anjo fell.

Quickly down onto his knees as a gargled gasp slithered past his lips. Knife clattering to the ground loudly as Joker limped off. Leaving behind his usual echoing laugh.

"Dick!" Red Arrow yelled. Dropping his bow and falling to the acrobats side, catching them before their head slammed against the ground. "Hey hey, look at me- look at me!" Red Arrow called as Anjo coughed the blood free from his throat. "You're going to be okay- it's not that bad. It's not that bad, I promise."

"Roy-" Anjo gasped, gripping the others arm tightly. "Bomb- the others."

"I know. I know but we need to help you first." Red Arrow stated, a whimper in his words because oh god there's just so much blood.

There was too much blood. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know what to do. He didn't like the acrobat, sure, but he didn't want them to die.

What the hell does he do?!

"Help the others." Anjo stated. "Help the others first!"

Others. There were others here. Wally and Jason could barley walk.. no way Jay was going to get them out in time.

They didn't know about the bomb. They won't make it out in time without him.

He needs to go.

Red Arrow nodded. Although reluctant and with a wetness in his eyes, he still nodded nonetheless. "I'll come back for you." He stated with a sniffle. "I promise I'll come back."

Anjo smiled. A truly thankful smile as Red Arrow slowly laid him back down. The archer wiping his eyes as he quickly took off towards the others.

Heaving out a few ragged coughs, Anjo shakingly reached into his utility belt, bringing out a tracking device Batman had given him so many months ago. "There's nothing wrong with working alone, but it's nice to have friends" he recalled the Dark Knight stating as they gave it to him.

Pressing the button. He laid the tracker down at his side. His small smile growing as he listened to its small beeping.

Red Arrow was sprinting, coming upon the others so quickly they all jumped. "We gotta go!" He stated. "Grab the kid, I got Wally." He picked up the speedster and hoisted him over his shoulders and Jay did the same.

"Where's Dick?" Jay asked as kid Flash demanded he be put down.

"No time to explain." Red Arrow stated, swallowing past the lump in his throat. "We have a bomb set to go off in less than 2 minutes with no idea where it is."

"Where's Dick?!" Robin was the next to exclaim as they exited the building. The archer ignoring them as they ran a good distance before quickly dropping Kid Flash and turning to run back.

He was sprinting quickly. His deep breath's echoing in his ears, before it was replaced with an explosion, and then a loud ring. The force throwing him to the ground as the others yelled out his name behind him. But he didn't care. Couldn't. Not when Anjo was still in the building that just blew up.

"Dick.." he mumbled out, wobbling onto his feet before falling back down to his knees. "Dick.." he called again as he stared at the building now engrossed in flames. And finally with one last heave of his lungs he screamed, "Dick!!"

Kid Flash froze as he heard the archer scream the name of his lover at the now burning building. His heart sinking into his stomach as his skin felt cold. "Dick..?" He whispered. His mind racing as he tried to stand but fell. Legs pulsing in pain beneath him.

"Oh god, no." Jay gasped as he was quickly running towards the building, but Red Arrow quickly tackled him to the ground. "Let me go! He's still in there!"

"Stop! Stop it's too dangerous." Red Arrow screamed as he continued to wrestle the other down. "Just stop okay?!"

"Dick!" Jay continued to scream as he tried to fight off the other. The other two hero's simply staying behind them watching the scene.

Kid flash would continue to try and move, but he couldn't even get himself to stand as a frustrated sob slipped past his lips. Banging his fists down harshly against the ground as he cursed loudly to himself. "Dammit!"

Robin was still. Silent as he watched the flames continue to burn. His mind focused only on one thing.

This was the Jokers fault.

All of it. If it wasn't for him none of this wouldn't happen.

Batman should've listened to him. Should've taken care of the clown the second he had the chance.

But his mentor was just so stupidly selfish..

His teeth ground together as he dug his nails into his palm as Dicks name slipped past Jays lips once more.

And that's just how it was. Two men wrestling each other to the ground as Dicks name was continuously screamed to the heavens. Kid Flash sobbing quietly to himself as Robin just stood there. This went on for quite some time until others soon joined the scene. The first being Batman's group and then the Young Justice as they saw the sight before them.

Batman immediately ran over to Robins side. The young hero barley giving him any attention as he whispered to his mentor, "Anjos still in there." And with that Batman was quickly running past Red Arrow and Jay, into the fire.

"Wally!" Flash yelled as he knelt down to his sobbing nephew. "Oh god your legs!"

"Dick- he's in there. Oh my god he's in there." Kid Flash sobbed into his uncles chest. "I can't- I can't move! I can't get to him!"

"Batman will save him." Flash soothed as Superman shot past him, inhaling a lungful of air before easily blowing the flames out. Leaving it a charcoaled mess.

Jay took the opportunity to elbow Red Arrow off him, he too taking off for the building, but stopping when Batman could be seen exiting the building.

Such a painful expression was gracing his features as everyone's eyes fell upon the limp figure in his arms. Knowing with just a simple glance that their worst thoughts were coming true.

"No." Kid Flash sobbed as Batman laid Anjo down in front of him. Their too pale skin slightly burned as he looked at the blood coating Anjos suit. "Baby." The speedster whispered as he placed his hand on Anjos cheek, his heart sinking more at just how cold they were. "Oh baby no. Oh god please no." He continued to sob as he held his lover tightly against him.

"I'm so sorry." Batman was the first to say. But Kid Flash only seemed to wail in response as he held Anjo closer.

Everyone was silent as they watched the scene before them. Each silently mourning the loss as many tried but failed to stop the tears from slipping from their eyes.

Jay was no better as he fell down on his knees, hands covering his face as he cried to himself. Silently welcoming the embrace Red Arrow gave him.

But Robin couldn't bring himself to cry. Not yet. Not when Anjo was-

When the Joker was still out there. His fists were shaking as he suppressed a growl. He'll kill him. He'll kill the Joker if it's the last thing he'll do.

He will avenge the acrobat.

To be continued