32

"We're taking a break." Wally admitted, Dicks gaze on the ground as a saddened frown pulled at his lips. Yes, he had agreed with the ginger on the matter. He did need a break. The way he was now, going out and playing hero was an idiot move to make right now. He would not only be putting his life at risk, but most likely innocent lives as well. "It will only be for a few months." But that didn't mean he liked it.

"Of course." Superman spoke for everyone, a smile already on his face. "You more than deserve it." The remaining heroes wore similar expressions; some tinted with a slight blue.

"You'll still visit, right?" Jason hesitantly asked, his eyes meeting the acrobats as Dick immediately nodded.

"As much as I can." He forced a wider grin. "Promise."

"Besides, the doors always open if you want to stop by." Wally also popped in, ruffling the youngest hair. Jason swatted him away, desperately trying to hide his small smile. "And if you do need any help, feel free to give me a call." The Speedster declared to his uncle before retaking his place next to Dick. "Well," he said, throwing his arm over the acrobat. "We'll be seeing you."

Dick could only continue to force a smile to hide his guilt, he and the man he had grown to love so dearly walking away from the only life he knew. How does one live normally? He couldn't help but ponder as Wally flipped through a handful of keys, muttering to himself about "it having to be here somewhere". Before letting out a triumphant laugh. "Found it!" He grinned to the other as he finally unlocked the door to their new life.

Honestly..

It felt strange watching the sun set and changing into pajamas and not the tight cloth of his suit. Or reaching into the top of his closet to grab the leash to walk the dog he, and Wally had taken in, and not grabbing his utility belt to strap on his waist. "Here." Wally spoke, handing him a small mug. Placing a loving kiss to the top of his head and taking a seat next to him, flipping past the news channel he would always keep an eye on for crimes, to the series the two were currently engrossed in.

None of it felt right. He couldnt stop himself from thinking as he watched Wally send him a lopsided grin from across the room. "You excited?" The Speedster asked.

Dick glanced down at the cast on his arm before giving a small shrug. "Its going to be nice to have my arm back and working." He admitted. "And to be able to properly scratch it." He added as an afterthought.

"Just remember," Wally began, a few papers ruffling as he placed himself at Dicks side. "No excessive training. No lifting heavy things. No putting too much strain on it. And no patrolling." He stopped a moment to think before quickly concluding, "Just don't do anything Anjo would do. Remember, we're civilians now. We must be civilized."

"Then stop running around the apartment like sonic the hedgehog and walk like a civilian would." Dick shot back, moving past the other to the kitchen. A sigh slipped past his lips as he felt another familiar gust of wind. Wally at his side once more.

"This is you we're focusing on." Wally stated as Dick reached into the cupboard, pulling out a small glass.

"Hypocrite." The Acrobat muttered, flipping on the sinks faucet.

Dick gave a long content sigh as he stretched his now free arm. His fingers popping slightly as he rolled his extremely stiff shoulder. "God I've been wanting to do that for ages." He mumbled to himself, Wally smirking at his side as the two sat in the Medbay at Mt. Justice.

What could they say, real hospitals were expensive.

"Remember what I said tho." Wally popped in, but the acrobat waved him off.

"Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I heard you the first five times." He stated before smirking at Wallys pouting face. "I promise I won't do anything Anjo would do." He agreed. The smile returning to the others lips once more.

Quick pounding footsteps broke their attention away from each other as the doors slid open with a hiss, Robins cheerful face catching their eye as he greeted them. "Bats told me you were here." He stated as he took a seat right next to Dick. "So thought I'd say "hi" before I get dragged off to another lame training session. Did you know they've increased the difficulty?! Saying we needed to be more prepared for anything basically."

A small snicker slipped past his lips as he admitted, "I totally placed a small sliver of kryptonite it Cinners pants last time tho. He couldn't figure out for the life of him why Kaldurs punches were being so effective!"

"Oh no way!" Wally laughed, clapping the youngest on their shoulder. "I totally should've thought about doing that!"

"It was nuts!" Robin stated, "Kaldur actually hit Conner hard enough to cut his lip open! Everyone was totally flipping out thinking he turned human or something. Dude, I had never seen Conner so close to crying- M'gann actually was."

"That would explain a lot." A new voice spoke. Robin froze while Wally looked away still trying to contain his laughter.

"Hi Batman." Dick greeted, being the only one able to actually look the Dark Knight in the eye.

"I see you got your cast off." Batman pointed out, Robin slowly trying to sneak past him and out the door. "Happy?" He asked as he placed a hand on the youngest heros shoulder, making them freeze and not even dare look their mentor in the eye as a loud "gulp" sound could be heard from them.

"Very." Dick stated with a rare genuine smile, ignoring his lovers muffled laughs as Jason silently pleaded to them for help.

"That's good." Batman nodded. "Anyway, try not to put too much strain on it." He stated, Wally calming his laughing long enough to agree.

"Will do." Dick smiled as Batman gave a quick nod, finally turning all of his attention to his protege. The other still not even daring to look the Dark Knight in the eye.

"You're going to be doing an hour more of training than the others since you seem to have so much free time on your hands." He stated, Jason groaning in protest, but still walking away with his Mentor.

Anjo laughed quietly to himself. "Poor kid."

- To Be Continued -

Im back bb

-JJ