25

| Let's Fight Boy Scout |

"-Authorities have yet to locate the missing officer; Richard Grayson. Having found his apartment torn apart and stained with a large quantity of blood, his fellow officers are pained to say that he may be deceased. However, they do plan on searching for a little while longer before making a conclusion, but we are all preparing for the worse-"

The screen shut off with a quick press of a button, the surrounding hero's looking at one another uneasily. It had already been a little over a week since the events that transpired with The Legion of Doom, and most everyone had healed relatively well. Except one. Which brought both the League and Young Justice team to Mount Justice, where an unconscious acrobat was currently being held. Only in the next room over from the others. The Mountains Medical Bay. Where nurses and doctors had been brought in and have done everything in their power to tend to Dicks wounds. Luckily they had succeeded, but they could do nothing about the coma he had fallen under. The medical staff had said it was only temporary. Just his body's way of dealing with all the pain, and that he should be awake in a few days time.

Now it was just a waiting game. One that had the world questioning where Officer Grayson had disappeared to. However, the League couldn't reveal his whereabouts without risking other important information being leaked. Mainly the secret life the officer had been leading for quite some time. It was too risky. But without any answers- and soon- the public was going to conclude his death. Something that they were all positive the timid hero didn't want but may have no choice but to accept.

"Has he shown any signs of waking up?" Flash asked the Dark Knight, glancing over at his nephew- the youngest speedster quickly pacing about the area, mumbling a string of incoherent words, having been kicked from the room his lover was currently in.

"I don't know yet, they said they would let me know once they were done checking him over," Batman stated. "However, we still have the matter of locating and capturing the Joker to attend to. That should be taking priority at the moment."

"Yes. With the Joker still on the loose, Anjos life may still be in danger." Aqualad added, hand to his chin thoughtfully. "All our lives as well, for that matter."

"I'll keep a lookout for any clues in Gotham. However, I want all of you to be cautious." The Dark Knight looked towards the Young Justice team. "And Robin, I am going to keep you from patrols for the time being."

"But Batman-!" Jason called out, obviously upset with the notion.

"Just until we can find Joker. You're still allowed to go on missions with the team."

Jason looked ready to argue some more, but shut his mouth stubbornly, giving a quick nod of understanding.

Wally halted his pacing once the door to the Medical Bay opened, being the first to arrive at the nurse's side. "So?" He asked hopefully.

"He may wake up sooner than we planned." She beamed, a weight quickly lifting off everyone's shoulders.

"Do you know how soon?"

"Maybe tonight or tomorrow at the latest." She placed a gentle hand on the worrying gingers shoulder. "Relax dear. He'll be just fine."

Wally was quick to elope her in a hug, a sigh of relief slipping past his lips. "Thank you so much." He glanced past her hopefully. "Can I..?"

"Go right on ahead." She laughed, giving him a light push, he not at all wasting any time to enter the room.

She looked back towards the rest of the heroes. Giving a quick nod to them before heading back as well. "Did you hear that he's going to wake up!" Jason exclaimed, grabbing the sleeve of his mentor.

Batman let a small smile appear on his face as he looked down at the other. "Why don't you go join Wally?" That was all they needed to hear before they were bolting into the room, leaving the rest to finish up their discussion. Clearing his throat, Batman stated. "I know a lot of you wish to see Anjo as well, so I'll make this quick. Until Joker has been apprehended, you are to not do any solo missions, and if you receive any information about Joker and his whereabouts, immediately report to any of the League."

They all gave a nod of understanding. Pleased, Batman dismissed them, leaving just the League now. "Are you not going to see him?" Wonder Woman asked.

"I'll visit after he wakes up, right now I just want to find Joker and keep him from hurting them again." And with that, he was exiting the room with the usual flutter of his cape.

----------------------------------------

"He's going to have a lot of new scars now, huh?" Jason asked as he looked down at the sleeping man. Bandages littering their beaten body.

"Yeah.." Wally agreed, brushing his fingers through Anjos hair, a saddened look in his eyes.

"But that'll just make him look more badass!" Jason exclaimed, a smile pulling at his lips as he looked at the frowning speedster, the sides of their mouth twitching some.

"Anjo looking badass?" Artemis asked as she and the others entered the room. "That'll be a sight to see." A few chuckles drifted about the room as they made themselves comfortable around the bed.

"I'd like to see a 'badass' Anjo." M'gann chuckled, Kaldur quick to scold her on her language, along with the other three. " How about you, Conner?"

The half-Kryptonian gave a shrug. "I don't know. He'll still be that wimpy shy kid in my eyes."

"Hey! He's not wimpy!" Wally defended.

"His boyfriend doesn't get to decide that." Conner shot back, a smirk finally pulling at his lips.

"I will defend this man with my last dying breath!" The speedster exclaimed, standing from his spot to be in front of the other.

"Your boyfriend is wimpy and you need to accept that."

"You're wimpy!" Jason jumped in, taking a place next to the ginger.

"And I definitely do not need to hear that from you either." Conner shot back. "You're wimpier than Anjo!"

"I am not! I'm way stronger!"

"Jay, that doesn't help Dick at all!" Wally yelled.

"Oh yeah. I mean, Dick is way stronger than me and you combined!"

"Now you're pushing it.." The speedster sighed.

"What do you want me to say then?!"

"That he's strong, but be realistic about it!"

"I'm being realistic about it." Conner joined in again.

"You wanna fight, Boy Scout?" Jason challenged, raising his fists in the air. "I'll have you know I was a brawling champion in the streets! They used to call me The Red Hood! Kicking everybody's ass till blood stained my skin!"

"That's a lie and you know it!" Conner snapped, grabbing a fist full of Jason's shirt.

"It's the truth!"

"Red Hood, huh?" A weak voice chuckled, everyone freezing. "I Thought that was some mafia thing or something like that?" Dick looked at all of them tiredly, a small smile on his lips. "Hey, guys."

- To Be Continued -