35

|He Teleported!!|

Jay stood still as a statue as he looked at the other.

Robin repeated himself once more. "What? Did you not hear me?" He took a few steps towards the other as he repeated, "He's alive. Your partner, Dick, he's in Central City with Wally and-"

"Whoa whoa. Stop. Just- Just stop for a second will ya." Jay interrupted, his hand out as he looked at the other in utter disbelief. "You can't just tell a guy that- I mean, it's been months and- how do you- who even are you kid? And what's your relationship with my partner?"

"Look it's a long story, okay?" The young hero ran a hand through his hair stressfully. "And I probably wasn't even supposed to tell you- but.." It seemed as though an idea had sprang into his mind as he declared, "I can take you to him."

"What?"

"Right now! I can take you to where he is! He showed me a little bit about hacking stuff, I could probably get you access to use the zeta tube.. Oh shit, but what if Dick gets mad?" Robin put a hand to his chin as he continued to talk to himself. "He'll probably get over it? Right? Batman definitely won't though. Damn.. Well, I've already fucked up this much, may as well just do it at this point."

"Kid," Jay interrupted, placing a hand on Robins shoulder and silencing him momentarily. "It's really true? He's really-?"

Robins lips pulled into a small smile. "So? Wanna go see him?"

Tears were welling up in Jays eyes before he quickly rubbed them away. "When I get my hands on him-" he hiccupped. "That bastard."

Robin sighed, but that smile never left his face. "Come on." He stated, grabbing the other and leading them away.

Only moments later did a familiar Dark Knight enter the scene. Brow raised in question as he looked for the missing teen.

-------

"Okay I think.. I.. Got it!" Robin exclaimed, a wide grin on his face as the zeta tubes roared to life. "Come on, let's go." He instructed, but Jay quickly grabbed him and pulled him back.

"Are you- Are you sure that's.. Safe?" Jay couldn't help but question as he glared at the zeat beam as if it were some kind of monster's mouth, just waiting to devour him.

Robin looked a moment, before looking back at Jay. "Yeah! Totally safe. Batman approved." He explained with a pat to Jay's back. "Now come on, let's go before Batman finds us and hangs us from the ceiling of his cave."

"He has a cave?" Jay asked before Robin pushed him in, quickly following as they were engulfed in light, making their way to Central.

"Yeah. Not gonna show it to you though." Robin stated as Jay ignored him and stared around in disbelief.

"That- that actually worked?" Jay asked, still looking around like he was on a different planet. An excited laugh slipped past his lips as he exclaimed, "I teleported!" He laughed as he grabbed Robins shoulders excitingly. "I actually teleported!"

Robin chuckled as he shrugged the other off. "Pretty cool right?" Jay was still laughing to himself as he gazed around, following after the young hero as they made their way towards where Dick was currently staying.

It was a fairly quiet walk, Jay's previous joy being replaced by anxiety. Seeing his thought to be dead partner after months. Being lead to him by a hero on top of it. It brought back a burning question; how did this kid even know Dick? His brows furrowed in frustration. "Um.. Listen." He started, rubbing at the back of his neck. Robin hummed in response. "How do you.. Know Dick?"

Robin glanced at him a moment before looking forward once more with a sigh. "I'm not the right person to answer that." He admitted with a shrug as they finally closed in on Dicks apartment building. "Isn't it enough that he's alive right now?"

"Jay was quiet a moment before he nodded. "Yeah."

Robin stood in front of the door, hand raised to knock but frozen. "Well?" Jay spoke up, "are you gonna knock or what?"

"Just give me a moment. Dicks gonna be pissed about this and you and I both know that guys a new kind of scary when he is." Robin snapped.

The other thought about it a moment before nodding in agreement. "Yeah.. you're right." And everything went quiet once more as the two stood there.

This seemed to go on for several moments. The two of them just looking at the door, mouths drawn into a thin line as they only stood there before Robin cleared his throat. "Okay. Okay. Let's do this."

His hand raised once more to knock, and froze. He quickly turned to Jay as he stated, "How about you knock?"

"Me?" Jay exclaimed, staring at the other in disbelief. "You brought me here though!"

"Because you wanted to see him, right?!"

"Well, yeah.. But still, you should be the one to do it!" Jay finalised with a huff, folding his arms over his chest.

Robin rolled his eyes as he turned back to the door once more. "Fine." He huffed out as he finally went to knock.

Only for the doorknob to turn on it's own. Making the two freeze as a familiar head of red hair met their gaze. "Look if you're going to yell, can you do it at your own apartment." Wally sighed as he rubbed his eyes tiredly. But once his gaze settled on the two before him, did he also freeze a moment. "Oh."

"Hey Wally!" Robin beamed, although his smile was obviously forced.

Wallys face fell as he stared at Jay. "Why are you..?" He looked to Robin. His stance completely changing as he folded his arms over his chest and stared down the youngest with a disappointed gaze. "Care to explain what's going on?"

- To Be Continued -