37

Dick didn't hesitate to spare any details about who he really was. About his life behind the mask- hell at this point it was probably Dick Grayson that was his true mask. Jay continued to listen without interruption. Maybe sparing a few confused glances now and again- but nonetheless he listened. As did Robin. The young hero thought he knew Anjo quite well, but it bugged him how new a lot of this information was. As if he was meeting an entirely different person for the first time..

"What I do is dangerous Jay." Anjo stated and for the first time in a long time his voice held no hesitancy. It was firm. Absolute. With no room for argument. "I have enemies and definitely will have more in the future. They will target me as well as those I care for."

"Well, what about Wally and this kid? They knew. Do you trust them more than you do me?" Jay was quick to defend. Understandably so. This was his partner- his best friend. He was supposed to trust him with things. So why not this?

Dick looked to Wally hesitantly. Yes Jay now knew about who he was- but not Wally. That wasn't his secret to share. "It's just.." Dick began, but Wally gently placed a hand on his, quieting him.

"It's okay. I got this." The speedster soothed before standing from his seat next to Dick. "Jay," he began gathering all the medical supplies and placing it back into their container. "The difference between Rob and I," a surge of electricity shot out around the ginger as he disappeared with a blur, moments later reappearing to stand right beside Jay-The other haven fallen out of his seat in shock "is we're hero's, dude." He admitted with a shit eating grin.

Jay opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out for a moment. "You-" He started with a croak, staring at Dick for confirmation before back to Wally. "Flash! The Flash?!"

"Kid Flash. But close." Wally explained with a chuckled, reaching down and lifting the other back to his feet. "But you see? Dick doesn't need to worry about us like he does you." Wally held up a hand to cease the others ranting on how they were a police officer and they were used to dangerous situations. "I get it man. You wear the badge- which is cool! But.. Our danger is way different than yours."

"Look, I just didn't want you getting hurt.." Dick cut in, hands clasped tightly as he looked intently at his bandaged fingers. Not daring to look the other in the eyes. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

Jay sighed as he looked at the other. All his anger melting away. "I'm just.." He placed a hand on Dicks shoulder as he knelt down to look him in the eyes. "I'm just glad you're alive man." He stated, pulling the acrobat into a tight hug- Dick all too willingly returning it. "Man I have missed the hell out of you." Jay stated, holding the other at arms length as he blinked away the fresh tears.

Dick laughed a little at that as he wiped his eyes. "Me too." His gaze traveled over to Robin. The youngest of the bunch standing off to the side, holding a hand to his ear as he listened to something. "Robin? What's wrong?"

A nervous laugh slipped past Robins lips as he looked towards Dick- almost pleading. "Um.. Batmans coming."

"Why?" Wally immediately asked, his body immediately breaking out in a sweat.

"I may or may not have... Run off here without his permission while.. On patrol." Robin guilty explained.

"So.. Batmans coming here." Wally clarified. "To this very apartment?" He pointed at the very floor they were all standing on. "This very moment?"

Robin rubbed his neck nervously as he let out a terrified laugh- hell if you asked the others it may as well have sounded like a whimper. "Bro I'm so fucking screwed." He stated. Dick sighed whislt Wally continued to only mutter to himself about Batman- the one man he does not want to see angry- coming to his apartment to grab the runaway he was currently hiding (unknowingly so).