Rise of the Ancients [Part 6 {1 & 2}]

Previously on 'Rise of the Ancients'

"Took ya long enough.......... Starlight...."
____________________________

Part 6, 1

Third person POV

"Took ya long enough.......... Starlight...." Zane said as he walked forward putting a hand in his hips.

Travis walked up with him and placed his hands on Zane's waist while laying his head on Zane's shoulder.

Zane's POV

Travis have been acting weird ever since my brothers and I countered Starlight. I don't know why. But he's always been protecting me...like Laurence and Dante have been protecting Garroth and Vylad... Of course I don't mind because they gave up their job for us. But it's still weird. I turn my head and pull my mask down a bit and kiss him on his forehead before pulling my mask back up covering my blushing cheeks.

"Don't fall asleep now Travis!" I heard Dante scream and murmurs of agreement in the background.

Travis pulls his head off my shoulder and chuckles.

"Who wouldn't wanna sleep on this big fluffy cloud?" Travis counters making me giggle.

He takes my hand and dragging me back to my brothers and his friends. When we get back I notice Laurence, Dante and Travis glaring at Starlight before returning to their usual cocky self. Of course tho Laurence is sassy not cocky. And Travis is cheesy with a hint of cocky.

"Travis can we talk for a moment please...." I ask Travis looking at my brothers.

He nods in response and I take him to the fountain of Irene. We sit down on the fountain and stay silent.

"They should really add benches here right...haha" Travis desperately starts breaking the silence.

"T-Travis liste-" I start but got interrupted.

"Zane....I'm sorry... What did I do wrong? I'll change...I can change! Just don't break up with me...." I could hear the fear in his voice.

"Travis...2 things. One I wasn't going to break up with you. And two...ahem....WE WERE NEVER DATING IN THE FIRST PLACE. Dumbo.." I reassure him.

"Oh....yea... But in my math book, me + you = soul mates." He flirts winking at me. I roll my eyes and stand up.

I start walking back when Travis grabs my wrist and pulls me back turning me around and seating me on his lap.

"Zane...what's wrong?" He says with a soft and soothing voice that could take away stress....

I felt my eyes tear up and burry my head in his chest. I could feel his stare and eyes fixed on me and look up at him. He uses his thumb to wipe my tears away.

"Zane.." His voice is more stern and serious now.

"Travis...I should be asking you what's wrong..." I start and he looks at me confusingly.

"Dante, Laurence and you have been acting weird since Starlight got here. Are you okay? I'm here if you want to talk about it?"