Mine {Part 1}

Garrence

Laurence's POV

Here we are again. At Aphmau's house for another party. I stood there staring at Garroth who sat on the couch 'happily' talking to our friends. He smiles constantly just like when we got here three hours ago. He would just constantly smile at our friends and happily converse with them.

"Laurence?"

I look at the blond in front of me who had a concerned look on his face. I smiled at him to calm him down.

"Yea?" I asked curious as to what he wanted.

"Let's go home. It's getting pretty late and I want to get the gel out of my hair." Garroth chuckled.

"Yea sure.." I reply knowing that he forced the smile.

We say our goodbyes and walk back to our shared home. I walk to the door putting the key into the lock before turning around to look at Garroth.

"Laurence..what is it? Open the door..." He says furrowing his brows.

"Garroth somethings been bothering me."

"Can't this wait till we are inside?" He asks.

"No. It actually can't wait."

"What is so important that you can't wait till we are inside?" He asks a bit angry.

"What I'm asking is about you Garroth and I know if I ask you inside you'll just run into your room and lock your door and let me remind you that only you have the key to your room. " I reply a bit irritated myself.

Garroth's POV

He's got you.

No there has to be a way out of this conversation.

We don't even know what he's going to ask.

But what if he found out that we are lying and not only to him but every one of our friends?

Let's wait for his question before panicking.

"What's the question?" I asked feeling a bit nervous rubbing my arm.

"There's something. Your not telling me." He says looking down.

"What do you mean I told you everything."

"GARROTH! Your not okay! I've been your friend for long enough to know that you changed!" He exclaims loud enough so that it won't bother our neighbors.

"I haven't changed..."

"Yes you have. When I met you...you used to be so happy never letting anything get to you that was until senior year of high school. You changed so drastically from freshmen year that I was worried. You forced your smiles and you almost came to school everyday with puffy eyes that told me you've been crying a lot the past night. Most of the times you would have bruises and bad scratches. Garroth I wanna know the truth. I let it go the other times because I didn't want to pry but it obviously affected you if your still forcing your emotions and smile." He explained.

"L-Laurence...please..I-it's not t-that i-important." I tried to stop him.

"C-can we go i-in now?" I ask.

"We aren't going anywhere until you explain."

"I'll go ask Zane and Vylad if I can stay the night then.." I said stepping back.

I turn around anxious to get away from Laurence. I felt someone grab my wrist which makes me more nervous. I turn around to find the source. Laurence stood there glaring at me.

"L-laur-"

"I said we aren't going anywhere until you explain." He repeats cutting me off.

I try to pull my wrist out of his grasp but am unable to. He's stronger than me and because of that and me almost always cutting myself I'm weaker than him.
I have to think of a plan to get out of his grasp. After thinking of something I sigh.

"Fine I'll tell you." I say finally after a while of silence.

His face softens but he still seems a bit skeptical. His grip loosens more to the point I'm able to pull away.

"I'm sorry.." I whisper.

He didn't catch it but I pulled my arm away turning around quickly.
I feel hands on my waist pulling me back and turning me around to face him. He pushes me against the door making sure I can't leave.

"Garroth I'm not dumb. Do I look like I was born yesterday?" He says angry.

3rd person POV

Garroth was extremely nervous at this point. He bit his lip holding Laurence's arm tightly.

"Why do you wanna know so badly? Why do you care?" Garroth asked a bit worried.

"I wanna know because I care. I care because I love you and not just as a friend Garroth.." Laurence answered leaning his forehead against the shorter's.

Garroth blushes at this comment. His eyes widen and his grip on Laurence's arm loosens.

"H-how d-do I know y-your not l-lying" Garroth stutters.

Laurence's pulls away and looks at Garroth with a sad and pained expression before smiling.

"Okay. I'll prove it to you." He says before leaning in and closing his eyes connecting their lips.

Garroth was too shocked to kiss back making Laurence pull away with a frown.

"I'm sorry. That was all I could think of to make you believe I do really love you." Laurence apologized.

"N-no..its o-okay. I-I love you too.." Garroth stuttered looking away from Laurence.

Laurence smiled letting Garroth's waist go and  held onto Garroth's hands instead almost as if he was afraid Garroth was lying and going to leave him.

"Can you tell me then?" Laurence asked.

"H-huh?"

"Can you tell me about why you force a smile every day?" Laurence asked again with a soft smile.

"Y-yea..but c-can it w-wait.." Garroth asked.

"Why?" Laurence asked afraid Garroth was lying and not going to tell him.

"I-I told y-you. I w-want t-to wash t-the gel out of m-my hair." Garroth stuttered looking back at Laurence with stars in his eyes not wanting Laurence to think he was lying.

"Right. But promise me you will tell me after you shower." Laurence chuckled.

"O-okay. I promise."