Chapter 9

Jack's P.O.V:

I cupped my hands over my face as Libby was resting her head on my lap. She was exhausted from the stress, and she needed to sleep.

I missed Anna, but I couldn't leave Libby. She was scared out of her mind.

I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss. I had to do it.... She would not stop screaming and crying.

A couple hours went by and the doctor came into the waiting room. Libby was still sleeping.

"Mr. Gilinsky?" He called.

"Right here.." I answered in a whisper, making sure I didn't wake Libby up.

"Can I see you outside for a moment?"

The doctor asked.

"Of course." I replied.

I slipped out from under Libby, gently placing her head down. It reminded me of how I put Anna to bed.

"Your friend has severe injuries to the head. There was a very small chance that he would live... But he made it. You may go visit, but just a warning, he doesn't look like he used to." The doctor said.

I decided to go see Nash alone, without Libby.

I walked through the door and opened the curtain only to find Nash laying in the hospital bed with machines hooked up to him, and seeing his head wrapped with bandages.

"h-hey, Ja-Jack," he struggled to say.

"Hey man." I replied holding back tears.

The first thing he asked me was "Where's Libby?" And I told him she was asleep in the waiting room.

He cared so much about her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nash, why did you go out that late at night? Where were you going? What were you doing?" I asked, sounding really concerned.

"I was g-going to get r-roses for Libby." He said.

I put my hand over my mouth. My eyes started to file up with tears and one managed to slip from my eye.

"I was dr-driving to the s-store when someone ran a r-red light and

cra-crashed into me. Everything went black and th-the last image I remem-remember seeing w-was Libby."

He tried to smile, but instead a long line of tears were released from his eyes. I felt so bad, even worse that Nash didn't know that I kissed Libby...

I figured it was best not to tell him. He would find out eventually and I knew I'd have to deal with it, But for right now, he didn't need to know.

"Try not to talk, sweetheart." Said the nurse that was checking the machines behind Nash's bed.

"You need some sleep. Jack? You need to leave. You can come back in the morning." She said, as she motioned her hand towards the door.

"T-take care of L-Libby for me." Nash said with tears streaming down his face.

"I will."

My heart was broken. Seeing how much Nash loved Libby, and knowing that they couldn't be with eachother cut me like a knife.

As the nurse closed the curtain, I turned around and saw Libby standing in the door way, bawling.