Chapter 42

Anna's P.O.V:

The next day, I told everyone what I was going to do.

"Guys, I'll do it when we go there over break."

I couldn't bring myself to say the words "break up with him"

"Better late than never... Right?" Asked.

"I guess so... As long as it happens. And what do you mean spring break?" Sarah asked.

"They invited us to California for break." I replied.

A bunch of squeals started to whip out, along with phones for boyfriend texting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The week went by, and soon enough we were on the first flight out.

The flight was ok; Katie passed out before we even took off and Sarah and Libby watched a movie while Sam texted Cameron whenever she could and Bella listened to music.

All I could think about was Jack's reaction.

I knew this had to be done, so why was I making such a big deal?

Oh I remember, it's a four letter word.

As soon as we arrived at the airport the guys were all there.

Matt ran to Sarah and scooped her up; not caring what anyone else thought.

Sam of course ran to Cameron and before he could even say 'hi' their lips were connected.

Libby and Nash did the same.

Shawn helped Katie with her bags, set them down, then kissed her passionately.

"Hey!" Jack yelled running towards me.

Within seconds our lips connected and sparks went flying.

I pulled away and hugged him tighter than ever.

"Woah... Looks like someone missed me.." Jack said winking at me.

"To the house!" Cameron screamed.

"The house?" Libby asked.

"You'd actually think we'd put you guys in a hotel? no way! we rented a house right on the beach."

It didn't take too long before Sam was already hugging and kissing Cameron again.

All the couples were excited.

As we drove to the house, Jack's fingers were interlocked with mine.

Sarah looked at me and I knew what she was thinking.

I pulled my hand away from Jack's.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Just a little hot... Need some space." I replied back while moving slightly away from him.

The house was beautiful; and it was right on the beach.

"There weren't enough rooms... So I figured the couples could share?" Cameron said.

We all nodded and before I knew it Jack was leading me to our room.

"Perfectttttt!" He said, dragging out the ending and collapsing on the bed.

He patted the side next to him; implying me to lay down.

I did, and he kissed my cheek and wrapped his arms around me.

"So what's been going on, beautiful?" He asked.

"A lot of shit... But that doesn't matter when I'm with you."

Why was I doing this? Leading him on just to burst his heart like a balloon?

He moved my hair away from my neck and started kissing me.

It really got heated, and I didn't stop him no matter what I was thinking about break ups.

I had a feeling this was what he meant by alone time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I woke up with Jack's arms around me and his shirt off.

I slowly and quietly snuck out of the room to go get some breakfast.

I was the only one up; so I decided to take a relaxing walk on the beach.

As the waves crashed against the shore and seagulls flew over head everything seemed to be going right.

I sat in the sand and felt the warm sun on my face.

It felt like everything around me had disappeared and it was just me and my thoughts.

I was drifting off to sleep when I felt a tap on my shoulder; causing me to jump.

I turned around and was greeted with Jack.

"Thought you were off the hook, huh?" He asked.

"No, just wanted to let you sleep." I said back causing us both to smile.

"You have to get dressed. We're going to the board walk today," Jack told me.

We walked back holding hands. I was praying that no one would see us; because I knew what the girls would say.

Before my next thought could cross my mind he was carrying me the rest of the way bridal style.

I couldn't help but laugh and love him more.

How could I break up with him? He cared so much about me, and I didn't want to jeopardize that.

But I had to.

And I was going to.