Chapter 56

A//N: So I decided that 100 votes was a bit of a long shot😂 I changed the vote number to 25 and I got those 25 votes! Thank you guys😘 okay so without further ado, (that's a freakin funny word,) here's the last chapter/update of "I'll Be the One: Jack Gilinsky fan fiction." Hope you like it!

Anna's P.O.V:

"So I see Parker's met Jack," I hear Katie come from behind me. She and Libby went somewhere else while the rest of us stayed at the event. They both didn't have much to do since Shawn was away and Libby and Nash were over.

"He's such a douche. I just wished I realized it earlier," I reply, watching as Parker makes conversation with the other boys since MagCon was over.

"Why would you let go of Jack in the first place," Katie said again.

"You guys made me, didn't you?"

"We never thought you would go through with it. We could all see that there was a bond that was close to unbreakable you and Jack had with each other. We're so sorry we caused you this much pain and heartbreak Anna," Katie responded.

"It's okay. It made me realize what I really wanted, and how I have to get it."

***

We hung around the venue for a while longer, not wanting to go back to the hotel but not wanting to take a night on the town. Parker was glued to my side. I tried to show no sign of interest.

I had to talk to Jack. This wasn't something that I could put off anymore, this is what I wanted. Nothing else.

"I'll be right back," I say to Parker as I try and un lock his hand from mine.

"Where are you going?" He asks me.

"I just have to do something," I simply respond.

"Do what?"

"Talk to Jack."

"You really think I'm letting that happen?"

"Let go," I slightly demanded. I wasn't looking to make a huge scene.

"You should be happy with me."

"Want me to explain why I'm not?"

"Need me to explain the fact that he doesn't love you anymore? He would've tried so much harder to take you back and hell, I should've let him!" he said chucking.

"What?" I asked as Parker dropped my arm and took a few steps back.

"Oh Anna. You really didn't see it, did you."

"What are you talking abou-"

"I quit that dumb ass job working at the airport the minute you got on the plane. I only had it in the first place to round up some extra money, not because of that absolute shit I told you about not knowing what to do with myself. What am I forgetting... Oh. I have a girlfriend at home who thinks I stay loyal. You remind me a lot of her. An emotional wreck whose willing to latch on to anyone if it means having a full heart again. That's why I got bored with her. And ready for the biggest shock?" He said, stepping closer to me.

"My parents aren't dead and I never went to a foster home. You know Anna, most of the things I said and did was bullshit I made up. I just wanted a little action. And I got it, didn't I? Last night? You didn't think that actually meant something, did you?"

"P-Parker... How could you do this to me..."

"It wasn't hard," he said laughing.

I was speechless. Who would have the mindset to do something so awful... I believed him. And I can't help but think that I was so stupid to fall for it. Everything that falls gets broken. And I guess I'm just a clear example of that metaphor.