Chapter 49

Anna's P.O.V:

As I waited for Parker to finish his shift, Sarah came over to me and ranted about Matt.

I was confused as to what had happened, but as she was walking towards me I saw Matt wink.

I knew he had something planned.

I pretended like I wasn't listening; but on the inside I was trying to contain my excitement for what I was about to witness.

Just as Matt was making his way over to us, she started to get up and leave but I pulled her down.

She froze in awe at how perfect the moment was.

It was only a matter of time before I knew Sarah was going to run into Matt's arms, so I decided to help her out a bit and take the gifts.

I placed them under the table next to my chair.

They were so focused on one another they didn't even notice where the flowers and chocolates went; because they went somewhere away from the food court.

I didn't bother them. They were happy, and I was going to let them be.

"And now that I'm out of that stupid uniform, I'd love to get to know you better," Parker stated as he sat down.

He was now in a nice plaid shirt with some khakis. He looked under the table and saw the flowers; then looked back up at me.

"So you do have a boyfriend.."

"No! Oh god no, that's done and over," I said to reassure him. I wasn't clear on what was happening between Jack and me, but that wasn't going to ruin my time.

Parker looked at me and his face brightened up.

"You sure know how to make an entrance, huh?" I asked, chuckling to myself.

"It try, I try," he replied.

His smile made me light up after everything that has happened.

"So what's a girl like yourself doing in a California airport?" He asked me as the talking session began.

"Spring break," I replied.

"Oh, where do you live?"

"Because that's not creepy at all," I said back to him.

His light blue eyes made me melt. I could tell he was getting nervous, but he played it cool and smiled to himself.

"I didn't mean it like that," he replied laughing.

"I know you didn't. I'm from New York, and you're from...?" I asked him, hinting at him to tell me his hometown.

"New York! That's insane!" He said smiling wide.

"Really!? How come we've never seen each other before? Everybody knows everybody in the Big Apple," I told him, smiling as well.

This stranger that I had just met made me forget entirely about Jack. But that's the thing; it was almost like he wasn't a stranger anymore.

Parker and I talked for what seemed like hours. And with each sixty minutes that went by, it seemed to be one of the best in a long time.

"Wait, if you're from New York, then what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'll spare you the tragic backstory of little me," he replied, but his shyness only intrigued me more.

I leaned closer and cupped my hands over my cheeks causing him to laugh; and indicating that I would listen to whatever he had to say.