Chapter 46

Sarah's P.O.V:

Once we arrived at the hospital, we asked for Matt's room.

The nurse at the desk gave it to us and we started to run down the hall.

Once we got to the room, I quickly opened the door and slid the curtain aside.

As Matt lay there in the hospital bed; he seemed so lifeless.

The energy filled eyes that I fell in love with we're drooping and dark.

"We'll leave you guys alone," Jack said.

I nodded my head with tears falling from my eyes one after another.

"Sarah.." Matt started, looking over to me and suddenly perking up.

"Oh my god, your jaw..." He said again, but this time sobbing into his hands.

"Matt don't worry about me, you're the one in the hospital bed," I replied taking his hand away from his forehead and interlocking his fingers with mine.

"I'm so glad your here..." He told me.

"Me too," I said back before kissing his cheek.

"After you left me at the beach, I couldn't breathe. I don't remember why happened after that... But I do remember trying to get you back," Matt said starting to cry.

"It doesn't matter what happened last night. Were together now, and our relationship can only benefit from this," I replied back.

"What I did to you was so wrong. I can't believe I actually hurt you. I'll never forgive myself, honestly."

Matt was in complete tears now. I rubbed my thumb over the back of his hand, trying to reassure him that everything was going to be ok.

"I know it takes a lot to forgive someone after doing something like what you did. It's just... I look at you, and I see the kind of person I want to share my life with. And I know I probably sound crazy, but I've never been able to look at someone the way I look at you," I told him, staring deep into his eyes so he knew it was true.

"Sarah, words can't describe how much you mean to me... you're my everything and the way you make me feel can't be explained in the time we have with each other... I never ever meant to hurt you, and I should've accepted the fact that you aren't my property and I can't be with you every second of every day like I would love to be. I need you to know that I'll be here for you; through whatever, and if something bothers you I want you to know that I'm the first one you can call. I love you so, so much. I know we can get through this, together... You're the best thing that has honestly ever happened to me."

I was about to say something back to him; but we were interrupted by the nurse.

"Excuse me young lady, you have to leave. Visiting hours are over for now, he needs rest. You can come back tomorrow," she said.

I nodded my head and kissed Matt's cheek one last time before leaving.

I walked out of the door and Jack and Anna were waiting for me.

"How did it go?" Anna asked.

"Perfect," I replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anna's P.O.V:

It was amazing to see Sarah walk out the door with such a happy attitude.

I embraced her in a hug as the door to Matt's room closed behind us.

Jack let us girls have our moment; by standing off to the side and admiring our friendship.

"Are we ok?" Sarah asked me.