Chapter 24

Anna's P.O.V:

I was looking over the side of the balcony admiring the city lights.

Everyone else excused themselves and went back to the hotel.

I was alone at the top of the Empire State Building.

I was thinking about how Jack reacted.

I wasn't ready. Couldn't he accept that?

He couldn't. That's the thing, he couldn't accept it.

I then realized that maybe I should've trusted him. I hated when we got into fights; but only if he started them.

I had to find Jack to apologize.

I started walking aimlessly through the streets of NYC.

I couldn't find Jack anywhere.

My last resort was to go back to the hotel and wait it out.

So that's what I did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning everyone woke up and ate breakfast in the lobby together.

It was just the girls- since the guys had to get ready for last minute preparations for MagCon.

Bella drove us to the building where MagCon was being held; and there were already some girls waiting outside to be the first in our boyfriends lines.

We got inside and everyone went running towards their guys.

I saw Jack and was overfilled with relief.

"Jack you scared me to death! Where did you go last night!?" I screamed as I ran towards him.

"Just took a walk. But what do you care." He said back to me.

"Oh come on your still not mad are you?"

"Oh no, I'm not still mad that the girl I once loved never loved me back."

My heart sank as the words 'once loved' replayed over and over again in my head.

"What do you mean once loved..."

He stared at me with blank expression.

Thats when I knew what he meant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day progressed, and eventually the building was filled with screaming girls.

I kept glancing over at Jack's line watching him hug girls; and smile when taking pictures...

It made me extremely jealous.

I took one last glance at Jack's line and saw him exchanging numbers with another girl.

How the fuck could he do this to me.

I walked towards is line with anger in my eyes.

"Oh hey Anna. This is Rachael."

That little blonde bitch.

"Hi! It's nice to meet you!" She exclaimed in a spunky and cheery voice.

I got so mad; that I pulled Jack away from her and away from his line until we were far enough in private.

"What the hell are you-"

"Tell me one thing Jack. Was it easy?"

"What are you talking about-"

"Was it easy using me and just throwing me away when you were done? Was it easy to walk away from what you called the one you once loved? Was it fucking easy to put me through this after all I've already been through!? You know I didn't want to deal with this! I thought you might have been different. But now I see what a big fucking mistake I made texting you back that night. And what a fucking idiot I feel like right now! I never want to see or talk to you again Jack! I hate you!"

His eyes were lifeless.

"You brought this on yourself. Think about it! This all just happened because I wouldn't sleep with you! Think about that; then tell me where I went wrong."

I left him speechless.

I walked out of the building with tears streaming down my face as I realized what just happened.

It's over.

It was all over.