Chapter 41

Anna's P.O.V:

"Hey baby, what's going on?" Jack asked.

Through tears, I was able to tell him everything that happened.

"I'm coming out to see you." He said.

"No Jack, she's just going to get more upset."

"What is this about?"

"I'd rather tell you in person. Spring break is in a couple of weeks, we'll see eachother then, right?"

"Of course! The guys arranged you girls to fly out and spend the week in California! A whole week of surfing, board walks, and alone time.."

"That sounds amazing, and I can't wait. I have to go, I'll either call or text tonight. Love you," I replied.

"Love you too. Stay strong perfect," Jack said before hanging up the phone.

It was time for me to fix up my face and get back to class.

I walked through the door and everyone's head turned and stared me down.

I quietly and collectively took my seat, and waited for the teacher to proceed their lesson.

"Anna? Care to explain why you're late?"

I looked at Sarah who was staring at me with an ice pack on her cheek.

"I just had something personal to take care of." I told the teacher.

He just looked at me with a disgusted look and started to teach again.

After school was over, I went to meet up with Libby, Sam, Bella, Sarah, and Katie.

"Hey," I said to them walking towards the front of the building.

"Oh.. Hi." Katie said back.

"What's up?" I asked again, hoping for a more thorough response.

"Wanna tell us why you flipped on Sarah?" Libby asked me.

"Can we not talk about this now.." I asked them.

"Anna you can't just push your problems away."

I took a deep breath. Libby was right.

"I'm so sick of no one telling me anything. So much has happened in the past couple weeks and even more-so months that I'm choking under all of this pressure."

Libby and all of the other girls noticed that I was on the verge of tears.

"Look, we've been by your side from day one. And we'll be by your side from here and now on... But you're changing. We can all see it. And the only way I think you'll be able to see it too is if-"

She stopped herself from saying anymore.

"If what..." I asked.

Libby looked around at all of the other faces.

"Please tell me guys... I don't want to go ape shit and feel this anymore."

Libby finally told.

"If you broke up with Jack."

My heart sank. They were asking me to let go of the only thing that saved me.

Sarah took me aside and talked to me one on one.

"Ok listen. I forgive you; but I really do think this is what has to happen. He's nothing but an obstacle in your life. Think about everything that has happened..." She looked into my eyes as she said this.

"How long have you guys thought that? And why have you kept it a secret! This is what I don't want to deal with!"

"He's the one implying all of this tension between us! remember when he tried to kill me... You would honestly let me go through that and stay with him? Anna... I'm asking you as a best friend, please do this..."

It took a minute to wrap my mind around what was being asked of me.

I loved Jack; more than anything or anyone I've ever loved... And for them to ask me to let that go...

I couldn't believe it.

"It's either your best friends... or your boy toy."

She walked away followed by everyone else.

I then remembered all that has happened and how stupid I was to forgive him... He kissed Libby behind my back, almost raped Katie, and tried to kill Sarah.

Sarah's right and I made my decision.

I couldn't tell him over text; that's just low.

I'd wait until I could talk to him in person, then tell him.

Spring Break should be fun...