Chapter 52

Jack's P.O.V:

This is fucking ridiculous. I never should've let her go, but I had this delusional theory that the statement 'if you love someone let them go,' was true.

She's moved on and I pushed her to do so. I still love her with all my heart; I just couldn't bear the thought of losing her so easily after all we've already been through.

This is absolute bullshit.

"Hello?" She answered the phone.

"Bullshit."

"What?"

"Bullshit. This is all bullshit. You just met this kid, and now your flying out to California to meet him? I bet he's just trying to get in your pants."

"Jack!"

"He's going to hurt you, and I'm not just going to sit around and watch it happen."

"YOU'VE ALREADY HURT ME."

It made me jump a little when she said this. I could feel the rage and fury through the phone, and it made me guilty.

"What ever happened to everything we said to one another? We've been through so much together," I tried reasoning with her.

"You left out the parts where you broke me into millions of pieces but I kept coming back because I actually think you change every time, when you really don't. It's all just a trap so you can pull the same shit on me over and over again," she responded.

"I admit I was stupid at times-"

"At times?"

"Most of the time... But there's one thing that's never going to change; that I love you to the moon and back," I explained to her.

"I don't want to fall into this trap again," she replied.

"Give me another chance," I begged.

"And what happens when you blow it. Because I know you will."

"I'm so glad you think so highly of me," I said sarcastically.

"Don't you dare turn this around. I'm done talking. I have to make flight arrangements."

"Anna-"

The conversation just went blank, and once again she left.

I'm supposed to go to Magcon this weekend and be the fun and spunky Jack everyone loves. This is going to suck. No matter how much I love it; nothing will compare to Elyse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anna's P.O.V:

**one week later**

"No way! Oh my god I can't wait to see you!" I exclaimed.

"I know! I'm so happy I'll finally be able to see you again," Parker said.

I haven't seen him for almost a month, but we've kept in touch pretty well.

"So I'll see you then?"

"Yep! My flight should get in around 5," he explained.

"Ok! Can't wait to see you,"

"I can't wait to see you, beautiful."

I smiled to myself as I said goodbye and placed my phone on the bed.

I haven't talked to Jack in a long time, and I felt bad about what I said to him. It's not like me to blow up on someone like that... But it had to be done. Didn't it?