Chapter 14

Spending time with Flora was needed; although we also hung out with Raven--Flora and I were getting back to our usual state. We were laughing, teasing, and talking about our men. Well, just Bren, Raven didn't want to hear anything about Raidyn which is understandable.

Being with Raidyn was an amazing feeling, being physical with him always left me wanting more. His clean shaven face and cut hair made me go wild--he looked so handsome and it left his features looking sharp. I couldn't believe he is all mine. Mine. I share a beautiful son with him and everytime after we have sex I'm so tempted to say fuck it and become pregnant again--even though the last time we discussed we said we will wait until Riesner is a year old, I could definitely tell he wanted more too, and rather quickly. Our bond with Ries is just so strong and sharing him with Raidyn just filed my heart with complete and utter joy.

Today we decided to talk a break the rest of the day from all the meetings and judgment. We dropped Ries off with Raven and decided to have a date night of our own. So, he took me to the stables. I look at the spot where I got him off and then the spot where he got me off. There was something about our public stunts that were so fun--maybe it was the adrenaline, the risk of getting caught. Or maybe it was just my pregnancy hormones. All I know is I couldn't and still can't keep my hands off of him.

I pet the beautiful white horse. "You know my mother bought me a white horse just like this when I was little. His name was Jinx." Raidyn probably already knew, but it feels relevant to talk about. I remember a memory of loving that horse to death. Marble, he reminds me of that childhood love. "Aside from Bren, was this anyone's horse in specific? I knew Twist was your mother's. How about your father's or Ravens?"

"My father's horse died as did Raven's." He frowns.

"Oh." I mirror his frown. "I'm sorry, I didn't know." I begin to feel slightly guilty. I feel like his parents are still such a rough subject--they probably always will be. Even now with Raven he still holds that guilt and I urge him to let go of it. He deserves all the happiness in the world and I'm determined to give it to him.

"No, it's fine. They died of illness a couple years ago, I did everything I could, but destiny called and the circle of life continued." Raidyn shrugs.

I give him a weak smile. I open up the stables door and mount Marble. I look over at Raidyn who is doing the same to Obsidian. We both head onto the trail, the horses walking at a slow pace as we simply enjoy the trail and sights around.

"What did you do yesterday?" I ask him. 

"Everything I listed in the note plus my haircut and seeing my grandma."

"What'd she have to say?" I tilt my head. Raidyn's grandmother always had some weird riddles or warning to give to us--none of which ever really made sense in my opinion.

"She didn't have much of anything to say. We're having more children and she confirmed my Raven and Duck theory."

"I thought she wasn't suppose to say anything about the future."

"She didn't. I'm manipulative." He chuckles. "As is Ries by the way! Oh gods I almost forgot to tell you!" He slaps his hand to his forehead.

"So he does have manipulation?" I smile. I knew it. "He is going to be so much trouble." I let out a small chuckle.

"Manipulation and invisibility; he's going to make one hell of a king. Those are such strong powers to have as a ruler."

"I can only imagine what the others will have. Storm powers and shape shifting..." I let my thoughts trail. "Not to mention they still have a chance of being an oracle because of your grandmother." I point out. "Who knows what my grandparents had."