Chapter 15

The next morning, Raidyn is changing Ries's diaper, he looks like he just got back from a run. His hair is tied back and wet from sweating. I look outside at the beautiful clear skies. "Good morning, my king." I say in a sleepy voice.

"Good morning, little dove." Raidyn turns his head and grins at me over his shoulder.

"How's Riesner?" I put on my robe as look over his shoulder to watch him change the baby.

"Riesner is funny today. I am almost certain he is playing games with me." Raidyn says happily.

I smile at both of them. "I'm going to spend the day with Elianna, I was thinking about taking him with me."

"I think that's a marvelous idea." Raidyn holds a very alert and lively Ries at his hip.

"I'll be home before it's dark." I lean in to kiss him.

He slowly backs out of the kiss, grinning. "I'm counting on it."

I grab the baby bag and Ries from his arms. "Oh, hand me his blankey and bunny."

"Here."

i kiss him goodbye once more as I head to the Harking Manor. Elianna greets me with Katsa in her arms. The baby now has a full head of blonde curls.

"Look it's your girlfriend." I coo to Ries.

"He looks like he's going to be trouble." Elianna smirks.

"He's Raidyn's son, of course he's going to be trouble." I kiss Riesner's head.

"You hear that? His own mother is saying that, your father is going to freak." Elianna says softly to Katsa.

Elianna opens the door wider for me to enter as we head upstairs to one of the play chambers for the baby.

I loved looking at Riesner and just basking in how beautiful and perfect he is--he is my son, something I created with the man I hold near and dear to my heart. Now, I could possibly have another. I know why Raidyn is wary against me becoming pregnant again and last night I gave it a lot of thought, I miss physical activity, I miss being in control of my body and I want to enjoy Ries. I didn't take a tonic this morning, but I'm not sure if having another one right now is the best option. Maybe I'll take one later tonight; maybe I won't. The decision to have one continues to fluctuate, I want the children close in age and I know Raidyn and I can handle two babies--it's just less time to actually be with my husband and 7-9 months of possibly torture stress and agony. Riesner is worth all that a million times over I'm just not sure. I guess it really will be a surprise for Raidyn.

Watching the babies play--well watching them just stare at each other, was very heartfelt I think I smiled the entire time. It's also nice talking to Elianna, we sat and talked for hours just about kids--it's refreshing having another friend who is a mother. She gave me a lot of great tips.

"What do you think you and Harking are going to do? Get back your kingdom?" I ask her while holding Ries, who will not sit still, in my arms.

"Of course, those are our people. Tyden is planning to gather men of his own. We're not going to let that Craylle king stay in power." Elianna says certainly.

"I want to help." I nod my head. "You know I want you to get your kingdom back more than anyone."

Before Elianna can respond Harking comes barging into the room, his breathing hitched and panic fills his eyes. "It's the king, the castle was under attack and Raidyn-Raidyn was shot."

I can feel my heart drop to the pit of my stomach. "W-What do you mean he was shot? He's okay, right?"

"He was shot. Five arrows. They've really wounded him. I think they were laced with something. He's in the healer's quarters now."