Chapter 26

My training with Cal in the morning was exhausting, I had morning sickness and my cravings were wild so I cut the lesson short. When Cal and I walk into the foyer of the castle Raven is passing by and she stops to look at him.

"Hey Raven," I break their stare with each other. "How are you feeling?"

"How would you be feeling if Raidyn left you?" Raven asks me frowning and rubbing at her worn, red eyes.

My cheeks turn pink and I clear my throat. "Do you want to go to the kitchen and get ice cream with me?" I offer.

"I would love to, but maybe at a different undisclosed time. I don't need this stalker knowing all of my business." She narrows her eyes at Cal. Raven was probably in the worst shape of her entire life, her normally bright and lively face looked ghastly.

"We can bring it up to my chambers." I turn to look at Cal and then back at Raven. "I won't let him bother us."

"Speak for yourself." Raven mutters still looking angrily at Cal.

"Will you go out with me yet?" Cal smiles back at her.

"No!" Raven snaps. "Leave my damn mind!"

"Cal." I give him a dirty look. "Would you leave the princess alone." I demand.

"He's driving me crazy, Byrd." Raven whispers massaging her temples. "This man, heartache, and no sleep is a deadly combination."

I put my hand on her back. "Maybe we should get Raidyn to manipulate you to sleep. You look exhausted."

"She is. I swear her mind is always active. She responds to me at all hours, it's pretty impressive." Cal confidently cuts in.

"Will you let her sleep?" I bark at him. "If you keep this up I will have the king manipulate your mind."

"What do you want from me?" Raven whines out. "It's been two days now and you seriously can't keep pinning like this for a date with me."

"Oh, but I am. All I want is a date with you. I don't care what you're brother makes me do, he doesn't scare me. I know what I want, princess." He continues to stare at Raven unwaveringly. 

Raven panickedly looks to me. "I can't process this right now." She squeaks.

"Let the poor girl sleep." I shout to Cal. "Just one full night that's all I'm asking."

"I'm going to make him stop if he doesn't." Raven snaps growing angry again and losing her distress.

"Your wind won't hurt me; I know you wouldn't do that." Cal smirks.

"And what makes you so confident I wouldn't?! You don't know me!" Raven shouts.

He hold out his arms in response. "Take your shot. I'm open. Hurt me." He offers.

"You're a madman! I'm not going to hurt you!" Raven huffs and crosses her arms.

"Hurt me, princess." Cal taunts.

"No!" She shrieks.

"Hurt me!" He growls with his teeth gritted.

Finally a gust of wind gives Cal just what he was asking for and Raven's concentration is on him as she chokes his neck with her gust. Cal's face is turning bright red.

I give it a few more seconds before I look at Raven and yell. "That's enough!"

Raven doesn't break concentration as she seems to get angrier and the wind gets stronger creating a small vortex in the foyer.

"Raven that's enough!" I scream as I grab onto her arm.

"Byrd?" Raven looks into my eyes with hers wide in confusion.