Chapter 58

The wedding is beyond wonderful, magical, the stars were gleaming bright and the sounds of my people's laughs fill the air.

I watch Raidyn dance with my boys, I can't help but smile the entire time. My three boys. I look over at Raven dancing with Cal and I can only imagine what my niece or nephew will look like. I'm so happy for Raven, I thought maybe she would have doubts about this day because of Duck--but I know she is certain about this and more happy than ever.

The wedding comes to a close and people begin to leave and return to their homes in the village. Over the music there is a girl's scream and everyone goes rushing toward the commotion.

"Help!" The lady screams again and the guards rush.

I run as fast as I can lifting up my dress as I head toward the guard who are circling a body.

"Oh my gods." I cover my mouth. I lean down next to the body. It's Rosie--dead. Jax comes running and stands beside me, his body goes still.

"R-Rosie, gods, I am going to be sick." Jax turns green and covers his mouth, his voice cracking.

I stand up and put my arm around him. "Let's get you away from this." I say softly.

"No! No. I am going to find the person who did this and make them pay." Jax growls, shaking me off.

"She did it!" A lady points at me. "The Queen murdered her! I saw it with my own eyes!"

"You what?" Jax narrows his eyes at me, distrust filling them.

I look at the lady, my eyes wide. "I did not do this, I was just at my table!" I state.

"I saw it, it was you, Queen Byrd. Your red hair is not an easy thing to miss." She says spitefully.

"How dare you accuse me of this!" I shout.

"What is going on here?!"  Raidyn yells from behind me and then he spots the body, clenching his fists at his sides, "Gods, no...who did this?!"

"Queen Byrd!" A man screams in the background. "She's a murderer!"

"Killer queen!" Another yells.

"I was just with Queen Byrd! Are you calling your king a liar now too?" Raidyn glares at the crowd, challengingly.

"Your Majesty, I saw the queen stab Lady Rosie." The witness pleads her case to Raidyn.

"I did no such thing!" I growl.

Raidyn thinks for a moment before getting an idea and staring at me he exhales, "I know who did this."

I look closely at Raidyn until it hits me. "Shit." I mutter. "Of course." I rub at my forehead frustrated.

"This is your turn to announce it." Raidyn rolls his shoulders.

"My people!" I call out to the raging crowd. "I did not murder Rosie, she was a friend, a citizen of the Rastifen kingdom! This was done at the hands of my father--Cynric Veldhashalm, a shape shifters work!"

The crowd begins to mutter, but most still have suspicious looks as if I'm not telling the truth.

"The pictures." I look over at Raidyn whispering. "Maybe the cameramen captured the attack--anything to prove I'm innocent."

"I will go gather them now." Raidyn nods and heads off to collect all the cameras.

"Can't we have one wedding where no one gets murdered?" Astrid says approaching me.

"My wedding was murder free." I shake my head.

Astrid blows out air and rubs her stomach. "Why Rosie?"