Chapter 60

Today is the day of the scholar convention and the entire kingdom has been in chaos with all the arriving kingdoms from this land and the lands overseas. I watch as all the people flood into our castle wearing their kingdoms proud colors and I'm more than excited to get dressed myself and head down to the ballroom to meet people.

I stretch out of bed and tend to the babies first before heading to my wardrobe and putting on my finest dress. "Wake up." I throw a pillow at Raidyn.

Raidyn groans and rolls out of bed, presenting himself in a sleepy voice, "I'm up, see."

I head over to his wardrobe and pick out his nicest wear as I lay it on the bed for him. "Don't forget your crown either." I point my finger at him.

"What are we getting married again? Why am I wearing this thing?" He holds up the suit confused.

"You are hosting the scholar convention. All the kingdoms are here and you need to look your best!"

Raidyn stretches his arms over his head. "Shit. That is today! Ah! I am definitely up now."

I roll my eyes as I pick up Ries and hold him at my hip. "While you are getting ready, I will head down and greet the ones who have already arrived. I'm sure Duck needs help too. I'm bringing Ries with me, so either take Hollis with you or find Alana."

"Why are you taking Ries? Can't I have them both?" He frowns.

I frown back at him. "You're such a hog. I generously left you with one."

"That day I spent with them a couple days ago wasn't nearly enough time." Raidyn complains. "Look, I'm all dressed. Just wait one more minute for Hol and I."

I set Ries down as I walk over to Raidyn grabbing a hair tie and standing on a chair to tie his hair back to my own perfection as I top it off with his crown. "There." I pat his shoulders as I hop down from the seat.

"Thank you." He leans down and kisses the top of my head. "Now come to papa." He lefts Hollis out of the crib and snuggles him. "I spot Ries getting jealous already." Raidyn laughs.

"Come on little man." I pick Ries up from the floor and kiss his cheek making him laugh. "All better, attention from mama is the best." I stick out my tongue at Raidyn as I walk toward the door.

"We both know what his first word was though." Raidyn playfully taunts me back.

"I'm not listening to you." I say sing-song. The noise level in the castle was unbelievable as the halls were filled with many unfamiliar faces. "Wow, I can't believe how busy this thing is."

"It's an international convention, it's a pretty big deal." Raidyn exhales.

"No kidding." I blow out as we make our way to the ballroom. Various people begin to approach us spotting our crowns.

"You must be King and Queen Rastifen." A lady bows. "I have heard many stories of you's."

"Ahh, nice to make your acquaintance, but you seem to have us at a disadvantage.." Raidyn trails so the woman offers her name.

"I am Lady Serenity of Kingdom Ulirarin." She bows. "The Water Kingdom." She has a dark complex a shade lighter than her long black hair. Her dress seemed as if it was glowing and not to mention it is very revealing.

"Lovely to meet you." I bow slightly and offer my most generous greeting smile.

She gives me a small smile that wasn't timid, but almost threatening. She turns her attention back to Raidyn. "Who is this little guy?" She coos to the baby in his arms.